20th AND 21st SEPT' FOOTMAN JAMES CLASSIC (manchester)

harlstequin
Drives: 1992 Mk2

20th AND 21st SEPT' FOOTMAN JAMES CLASSIC (manchester)

Postby harlstequin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 am

LOOKS A REALLY GOOD SHOW THIS
I know it's a little last minute but I've asked for about 8 car spaces on a club stand.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 6100,d.ZGU
Well worth a look I think, and would be good to show the club to NON VW shows too!

let me know
1. harlstequin ste
2.BLCSO baz
Last edited by harlstequin on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
DRIVER 2 Build viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47853&p=349140#p349140[color=#FF0000]

BLCSO
Drives: GTi and Driver

Re: 20th AND 21st SEPT' FOOTMAN JAMES CLASSIC (manchester)

Postby BLCSO » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:46 am

Ste,

Looks to be a good one so subject to me checking with work count me in.

See below for the club stand information.

NEED TO BE AWARE THAT ANY CARS GOING ON THE CLUB STAND HAVE TO BE AT THE ARENA BY 9PM LATEST ON FRIDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER. CARS WILL THEN HAVE TO BE LEFT OVER THE WEEKEND (NO MOVEMENT IN AND OUT DURING THE SHOW DAYS) CARS WILL THEN BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE EVENT AFTER 5PM ON SUNDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER

SEPTEMBER 20TH & 21ST, EVENT CITY

Information for Classic Car Clubs

We are extremely excited to announce the second Footman James Manchester Classic Car Show, to be held at Event City Manchester on September 20th & 21st 2014

This event provides the national and regional classic motoring scene with a wonderful and fitting showcase in one of the very best new indoor exhibition and events spaces in the UK. Event City exhibition centre is based on the site of (in fact right next to) the world-class Trafford Centre shopping and entertainment complex. It’s extremely easy to access via road, rail (and air) and boasts superb facilities. Super-easy access & egress for exhibitors, a myriad of shops, bars, restaurants, entertainment and hotels to suit all budgets, are all right on-site within literally a few min’s walk.

With a wide reaching, comprehensive marketing campaign (running throughout core classic motoring magazine titles, national & regional press, radio, outdoor, online & social media) the show will attract a significant audience of classic car enthusiasts, owners, restorers, collectors, club members and additionally (and very importantly for the future) those who are new to the classic car scene.

Content in the show will include Classic Car Clubs (of course!), Trade Stands, Autojumble, Restoration Zone (including live restoration demonstrations), Celebrity Guests, Live Classic Motoring Action and more! We’ll be announcing more and more exciting developments as we move forward with additional plans including a stand-alone concours within the show plus a less formal competition whereby every club car in the halls will be considered for spot prizes too.

We’re sure you’ll have lots of questions, so here are a few Q&A’s we’ve put together – if the answer’s not on here then please feel absolutely free to contact us to discuss. In fact just give us a call for a chat about anything to do with the show, anytime!

Q: My classic car club would love a stand at The Footman James Manchester Classic, but how much will it cost?
A: Absolutely nothing. Club space is (and always will be) 100% free of charge.

Q: How do we get a stand/space?
A: Please fill in an application form and get it back to us ASAP. We’ll allocate as many club spaces as we can and will let all applicants know (again, ASAP). The application itself isn’t a guarantee of a space, but be assured we’ll do our utmost to accommodate all applicants.

Q: What’s the catch?
A: There isn’t one! We only have a couple of conditions for clubs: One is that only club branded goods or goods produced exclusively for the club are to be offered for sale from their stand (to avoid any conflicts with Trade exhibitors) e.g. club regalia, club branded apparel, club-published books, mag’s, club branded models are all fine. The second is that clubs promote the event to their members (we’ll supply a ready-made advert and we’ll give a clubs-only discounted ticket price).

Q: What about carpet/electrics prices etc?
A: We’re not in the business of trying to squeeze every penny out of clubs who’ll (let’s face it) bring so much amazing content to the show. We want exhibiting at our show to be as easy, enjoyable and cost-effective for you as possible. The venue will charge for electrics and contractors will, of course, charge for carpet. We will work closely with both the venue and appointed contractors to ensure that clubs are afforded the best possible prices. Ideally we’d really love to provide free carpet and electrics for every participating club – that’s something we’re genuinely working towards for the future but, this year, be assured we’ll be negotiating hard on behalf of all exhibitors when it comes to keeping all/any sundry costs as low as possible.

Q: What about our support vehicles/parking?
A: Exhibitors’ support vehicles can park (FREE) very close by outside the halls. No need for a long hike in the rain!

Q: How big is the place?
A: Event City has four seamlessly interlinking halls totalling over 300,000 square feet of prime indoor exhibition space. It’s big!

Q: How many exhibitor passes will we get?
A: We’ll work that out based upon the amount of space you’re allocated. You can basically expect 2 (FREE) exhibitor passes per car (passes will be a non-removable showerproof wristband that ‘stays on for the duration’) which will give you full ‘come and go as you please’ access throughout, plus 2 extras. For example, if we allocated a club 40 square metre space (we’d call this a ‘cosy’ 3-car plot) they would get 8 passes covering for the weekend (plus build/breakdown). If you need any more then these can be purchased from us in advance and on the day (price tbc).

Q: What about discounted admission tickets for our members?
A: Clubs can purchase standard admission tickets for their members directly from us at just £10.00 (saving £5.00 off the door price and £3.00 off the discounted advance price).

Q: What are the standard ticket prices?
A: In advance £13.00. On the door £15.00. Kids under 16 go FREE as long as accompanied by a paying adult.

Q: What are the build and breakdown times?
A: Subject to change build/breakdown times are planned as:

Build/re-stock/access:
Friday Sept 19th : 8am – 9pm (MAIN BUILD DAY ideally we’d like all cars in by 9pm Friday night)
Sat Sept 20th : 8am – 9.30am (no vehicle movement post-9.30am in the halls)
5pm – 6pm (stand re-stock time - not really designed for vehicles in/out)
Sun Sept 21st : 8am – 9.30am (stand re-stock time, no vehicle movement in the halls post-9.30am)

Breakdown
Sun Sept 21st : 5pm – 9pm (MAIN BREAKDOWN – ideally everything to be out by 9pm)
Mon Sept 22nd : 9am – 12 noon (tbc with the venue)

Q: What are the parking charges for visitors?
A: Parking is absolutely FREE! Yes, we’re very pleased to repeat – FREE PARKING FOR ALL!

Q: What are the opening times?
A: We’re planning on a civilised start time each day, so 10am-5pm both days.

Q: Who are the organisers?
A: The shows’ owner/organisers comprise a highly experienced and dedicated team of exhibition & events professionals. Collectively the team have over 45 years’ industry experience, previously having worked on a wide variety of successful shows including major motoring, music and technology events at leading venues including The NEC, London Olympia, Manchester Central, Alexandra Palace and Belfast Kings Hall to name a few. We’re experts in delivering events on a grand scale and have in-depth understanding of the classic motoring scene and the passion that drives it.
We’ve also seen exhibitions ‘from the other side’, having been exhibitors ourselves at many, many shows over the years at everything from world-class exhibition centres through to rain-swept muddy fields and most other venue types in-between. We therefore know first-hand many of the issues that affect exhibitors at events. With this in mind it’s our mission to make exhibiting with us an enjoyable experience for all - less hassle, easier, friendlier, cost-effective for you and, dare we say it…fun!

Our mission is simple: To deliver the very best in event experiences.
0 x

harlstequin

Postby harlstequin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:23 am

Well just had an email to say they cannot fit us in, so tbh I left it too late for this year, I think it would be good for next year though.
0 x

BLCSO

Postby BLCSO » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 pm

That's a shame Steve, think that I may well still go to it though as it looks a bloody good show.

Something to remember for next year :cool (y):
0 x

TonyTurbo
OEM+
Drives: mk2 golf 1.6 auto driver

Postby TonyTurbo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:46 pm

With this being local may have a pop over on the Sunday :)
0 x

sicklyorange
VW Bug
Drives: D-reg 16v

Postby sicklyorange » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Looks good, might pop over myself.
Club mini meet in the car park???
0 x
D-Reg VW Golf GTi K-Jet 16v TSR Jade green
Minis

harlstequin

Postby harlstequin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm

^^^ I'm up for that if you like, we'll be going, I think Baz will be there too (work permitting).
0 x

BLCSO

Postby BLCSO » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 am

harlstequin wrote:^^^ I'm up for that if you like, we'll be going, I think Baz will be there too (work permitting).

But I won't be in a Golf :shock:
0 x

Return to “2014 Arc”