thoughts on 2.0 TSI engine in Mk6 GTI

Talk about anything! (But keep it clean please!)
DaleR32
VAG Rat
Drives: MK2 GTI pearl grey

Re: thoughts on 2.0 TSI engine in Mk6 GTI

Postby DaleR32 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 pm

I had a mk5 gti in 2011 for a couple years and loved it.great fun to drive and I never had any issues but only did about 20 k in 2 years.
bought the car on around 50k and took it up to 70k.

They do drink oil,seemed to be topping it up every couple months (castrol edge I think)

They do make a horrible ticking sound on idle, sounds louder obviously with the bonnet up.

Only ever ran it on super unleaded which is whats recommended on the filler flap

and I remember reading something about fuel pump cam issue fault.

overall I loved it and preferred it to my mk4 R32. I wouldn't be surprised to be behind the wheel of an edition 30 one day.
0 x

macmillions

Re: thoughts on 2.0 TSI engine in Mk6 GTI

Postby macmillions » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

My Octavia vRS Mk2 TFSI was probably the best car I've owned (maybe my new Superb is superior, but it was fantastic nevertheless).

I did over 100k in it and it never let me down aside from the ABS pump failing. It sprung a warning light once, but a blast with an air line on a gauze cleaned it up and all was good again. I cannot recommend the TFSI enough. Plus they sound great. Lovely and gruff.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
0 x

'90 Mk2 Golf GL running R32 Power. 'Gumpert'
'88 Tornado Red Mk2 Golf 1.8 16valve GTI. 'Hollie' - Winner of Best Mk2 GTI at the 2014 & 2017 National Meet

Return to “General Chat”