Anyone been on some good hikes?

Frijjj
VAG Monkey
Drives: Not a Mk2 any more :(

Anyone been on some good hikes?

Postby Frijjj » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:26 am

This is quite nice but very very easy to get to by car:
It's some place in Wales that has a Welsh name I can't pronounce but it's nice :oops: I can find it driving. Bit dangerous at the top if you have kids as there are no railings. If you can name/spell it I'd be very grateful, I can't barley do English.

Soctland's also nice, this is a view over Killin, I've started doing some of the Munroe's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munro) but haven't done very many yet, only 5 so far. Hope to do better in 2011!

Some old photos:

This is a shot from my first Munroe in 2009 - it has a Gaelic name I can't pronounce and have no chance of spelling :oops:

Ennerdale in the lake district way back in 2005 time flys, should get back there again soon

Planning another trip to Scotland for 2011 can't wait!
Anyone else got any walks planned? I'm considering going to Peru one day, despite my dislike and distrust of flying things. Anyone been there or anywhere else interesting?
0 x

thegave
VAG Monkey

Re: Anyone been on some good hikes?

Postby thegave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:43 am

Went on a walk on some nice hill in Africa with Dad, Kilimansomethingorother.

Will post pics another day, too tired right now.

Also done Machu Picchu, but didn't go up the extra bit to the temple of the rising sun or whatever.
0 x
If you have a technical question, don't PM. Instead, please put up a thread (if one doesn't already exist), so others can benefit.

Frijjj
VAG Monkey

Postby Frijjj » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 pm

thegave wrote:Also done Machu Picchu, but didn't go up the extra bit to the temple of the rising sun or whatever.

You didn't go to the temple? :o
0 x

thegave
VAG Monkey

Postby thegave » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Well Macchu Piccu has its own little temple and the observatory which I nosed around but overlooking the site is an even higher peak that has its own small little temple. When I say Macchu Picchu I mean the actual villagey thing itself, not just the general area.
0 x
If you have a technical question, don't PM. Instead, please put up a thread (if one doesn't already exist), so others can benefit.

Frijjj
VAG Monkey

Postby Frijjj » Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Any pics?
0 x

Return to “Walking/Hiking”