Boot central locking mechanism

If your question doesn't fit in above, come on in!
Pingman
VAG Rat
Drives: 89' 16v CE1

Re: Boot central locking mechanism

Postby Pingman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Yeah I was pondering that too, possible one of these could work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113355564699
0 x

Pootz
VW Bug
Drives: A 5 door Shed

Postby Pootz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Would only work if the spigot holding the arm on is hollowthough for it to fit down
0 x

Pingman
VAG Rat
Drives: 89' 16v CE1

Postby Pingman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Pootz wrote:Would only work if the spigot holding the arm on is hollowthough for it to fit down

I don't think you could do it with the standard wiper mount as the splined part is rather thin and is only held on with a small nut, not enough material to bore out. :(

I'm just going buy a standard spray unless I can identify a misting type one to go in it's place.
0 x

Pootz
VW Bug
Drives: A 5 door Shed

Postby Pootz » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Pingman wrote:
Pootz wrote:Would only work if the spigot holding the arm on is hollowthough for it to fit down

I don't think you could do it with the standard wiper mount as the splined part is rather thin and is only held on with a small nut, not enough material to bore out. :(

I'm just going buy a standard spray unless I can identify a misting type one to go in it's place.
I was looking for one that's already got it built in that would possibly fit the mk2 as a replacement but had no joy. Not sure what mechanism would fit in place of standard one

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
0 x

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Postby eddypeck » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:40 am

From owning mk4 golf and Audi A3 the central spray is not all that and they present their own problems.
Plus every can I can think of that has it has the wiper mounted straight into the glass. Without modifying and potentially some remanufacturing (maybe ok if you have a 3D printer) I just don’t think it’s worth the effort. But if you want to try it any VAG car for the last 20 years shares pretty much the same set up with the only real difference being length of arm, so plenty of donors in scrap yards.
0 x

Return to “Other Technical Problems”