toad alarm.....i cant get in to the car

in car entertainment, get the best out of your ICE system also wiring problems, lighting, switches - anything that's not ignition system or ECU related
robmk2
OEM
Drives: 1992 MK2 GTI 16V

toad alarm.....i cant get in to the car

Postby robmk2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:23 pm

hi,
i have a toad alarm but dont now which model it is and only that it has a 2 button remote which has a little green light on it and it has a green camoflouge cover on it.
i only have the ignition key and the toad remote central locking fob and although i have replaced the battery in the fob and it works ok and the red light in the car comes on and the indicators flash i cant get in to the car as the central locking does not work and as i mentioned i only have the ignition key.
please help
many thanks
rob
0 x

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Re: toad alarm.....i cant get in to the car

Postby eddypeck » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 am

When you say you only have the ignition key do you mean that doesn't fit in the door lock?

There should be one key fits all, so if that's the case it sounds like someone has either changed the ignition barrel or door locks.

There should be various ways you can get in the car without damage, I'm not going to post on a a public forum how to break into a Mk2 Golf! Once you're in I'd look at replacing the lock set with a matching used genuine set, someone like Matt at MK2Spares should be able to help out I'm sure.
0 x

robmk2
OEM

Postby robmk2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:03 pm

eddypeck wrote:When you say you only have the ignition key do you mean that doesn't fit in the door lock?

There should be one key fits all, so if that's the case it sounds like someone has either changed the ignition barrel or door locks.

There should be various ways you can get in the car without damage, I'm not going to post on a a public forum how to break into a Mk2 Golf! Once you're in I'd look at replacing the lock set with a matching used genuine set, someone like Matt at MK2Spares should be able to help out I'm sure.

got in.....will look at changing the lock set...i only have an ignition key at the moment.
charged the battery and it all works fine..yay!
1 x

Monkey
Site Admin
Drives: VWs, lots of them!

Postby Monkey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:26 am

Nine times out of ten, a Toad alarm of that era will be an AI606 alarm.
Had one on a corrado once
0 x
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup

Mk2 BBM R32
Mk4 Anni Derv

robmk2
OEM

Postby robmk2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 am

Monkey wrote:Nine times out of ten, a Toad alarm of that era will be an AI606 alarm.
Had one on a corrado once

sorted....thanks for the replies
rob
0 x

Return to “I.C.E and Electrical”