Coolant from oil cooler

Is your car playing up? Section includes conversion advice, temperature control, ECU and ignition problems.
eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Re: Coolant from oil cooler

Postby eddypeck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 am

Best of luck
0 x

big F
Dub Ninja
Drives: 20V & 91 Driver

Postby big F » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Those coolers are great but when they fail.... one of my cars managed to mix oil and water, messy on both sides. coolant flush and clean and engine flush. that was a fun day.

Glad you got it all fixed though.
0 x
Thanks

Big F

Tracee
OEM
Drives: 1991 MK2 golf 8v gti

Postby Tracee » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 pm

eddypeck wrote:Best of luck
Thank you. Just a final polish and wax. Phoned for an MOT slot and it's going in next week. Fairly confident it'll go through. Off side handbrake still not as strong even after being stripped and checked. Think it's stretched the cable as matey parked it up with handbrake on for 8 years so if he fails that that's fair enough but MOT man is pretty good I've been going there for years.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
0 x

Tracee
OEM
Drives: 1991 MK2 golf 8v gti

Postby Tracee » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm

big F wrote:Those coolers are great but when they fail.... one of my cars managed to mix oil and water, messy on both sides. coolant flush and clean and engine flush. that was a fun day.

Glad you got it all fixed though.
Yeah great fun
Lucky that didn't happen to mine. so that's another tick off the list of things been replaced. I took it for a spin around the block this morning and apart from a rear disc shield catching it's running very well and nice and smooth.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
0 x

Return to “Engine & Gearbox”