Fast idle with blue sensor connected

Is your car playing up? Section includes conversion advice, temperature control, ECU and ignition problems.
Tracee
OEM
Drives: 1991 MK2 golf 8v gti

Fast idle with blue sensor connected

Postby Tracee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm

8v Digi. Tuned as per the tune up guide and ran lovely. Only thing is when cold it's reving to a steady 1500k if I disconnect the blue sensor it settles to an even 950 when it's warm I can connect the sensor and it sits happily at 1000 I can't be warming the car up every morning with the sensor off!
New sensor time? Vac lines triple checked and most of them replaced as needed. Isv is cleaned and buzzing away. Would a duff battery cause this cos I suspecting mine as when I put lights etc in it's hunting when idling.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Tracee on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

sly_gti
VW Bug
Drives: Mk2 2.0 8v

Re: Fast idle with blue sensor connected

Postby sly_gti » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:54 pm

If you have a multimeter you can test the resistance of the sensor. This should tell you if the sensor is faulty
0 x

Tracee
OEM
Drives: 1991 MK2 golf 8v gti

Postby Tracee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:13 pm

sly_gti wrote:If you have a multimeter you can test the resistance of the sensor. This should tell you if the sensor is faulty
I have a multi meter, can you tell me how to do it and what readings I should be getting please? Then I can do that in the morning before shelling out for a new one.
Thanks for the reply aswell

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
0 x

sly_gti
VW Bug
Drives: Mk2 2.0 8v

Postby sly_gti » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Pm'd

In short there is a chart that can be found online and in Haynes/Bentley manual that shows the resistance range of the sensor at different temperatures.
0 x

Return to “Engine & Gearbox”