! Message from: vw-widow
Due to technically issues with this forum, we have created a new fresher looking forum - we are asking all members to register on https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum sorry for any inconvenience.

If your a paid member, once you have registered, pm vw-widow with your details, and you will be re-instated.

Build threads etc can be copied and pasted to the new site, sadly we couldn't merge the database.

This site will close on the 1st June 2020. All data will be deleted.
Thanks Admin

A change to the forum- important please read

Talk about anything! (But keep it clean please!)
Rich
Dub Ninja
Drives: moped.

Re: A change to the forum- important please read

Postby Rich » Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 am

I've been on many forums over the years and the migration of data has happened many times, never has it been declared as simply impossible.

Why not pay someone and save the banter/knowledge? The way forums have gone lately, it isn't building itself up again.
0 x
Poverty spec member.

Avid follower of EddiePeck's lunchtime project.

vw-widow
Site Admin
Drives: Hubby insane :D

Re: A change to the forum- important please read

Postby vw-widow » Sun May 10, 2020 9:54 am

Rich wrote:I've been on many forums over the years and the migration of data has happened many times, never has it been declared as simply impossible.

Why not pay someone and save the banter/knowledge? The way forums have gone lately, it isn't building itself up again.

Sadly, the version this site runs on has been built on over the years, it’s corrupted so won’t migrate over.

If it where me doing it I wouldn’t have a clue, the person doing it knows all about this stuff.

I know, tbh I’m heartbroken over it, but we either do this with the chance of saving info, by copying stuff to new site while this site still remains working, as one day it will give up, we have to keep resetting the software to the older version through the hosts just to keep it running. Hope that makes sense.
0 x
2020 MK2OC National Meet @ Curborough Sprint Circuit 17-19th July 2020 ]

Help raise funds for the Club, if you normally shop online, go via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/vwgolfmk2oc/ it costs you nothing!

Return to “General Chat”