Skip to main content
Topic: 87 16v Racing Green (Read 831 times) previous topic - next topic

87 16v Racing Green

Back in the game after 6 years in another MK2. Managed to pick up this RHD 87 3dr 16v in Racing Green Metallic last week and had a ball on the drive home. Its possibly known on the forum already as its had a few owners and with the history and the way the car has been looked after I'm sure a few were enthusiasts.

Re: 87 16v Racing Green

Reply #1
Any tips on uploading photos would be appreciated as the photobucket thing is a nightmare  ::) 

Reply #2
Just added the img tags for you - if you edit your post, you can see what I've done to get them to work.
Also, German racing green is a genuinely rare colour, very nice!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #3
Just added the img tags for you - if you edit your post, you can see what I've done to get them to work.
Also, German racing green is a genuinely rare colour, very nice!

Cheers! thanks for sorting it

Reply #5
You certainly don't see many (any) in that colour in the UK. Very nice, and looks very original

I cant seem to find any other RHD examples in the UK myself but who really knows lol. Car was ordered by someone in the Armed Forces to the NAAFI in Germany going by the Service Book. Car is nice and straight but has had a re-fresh on the paint. Someone has fitted Candy Stripe seats instead of the original Grey/Black so trying to sort replacements. Did have a later Steering Wheel also fitted but a replacement 4 button is on route.

Reply #6
You certainly don't see many (any) in that colour in the UK. Very nice, and looks very original

I cant seem to find any other RHD examples in the UK myself but who really knows lol. Car was ordered by someone in the Armed Forces to the NAAFI in Germany going by the Service Book. Car is nice and straight but has had a re-fresh on the paint. Someone has fitted Candy Stripe seats instead of the original Grey/Black so trying to sort replacements. Did have a later Steering Wheel also fitted but a replacement 4 button is on route.

I was thinking it was a squaddies car. Mine was too.
When did it make it to the UK?
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #7

I was thinking it was a squaddies car. Mine was too.
When did it make it to the UK?
Registered in Germany May 87 and brought in to UK Dec 87 registered UK Jan 88

Reply #8
Ahh, you're ok then.
I had issues with mine, it's a 91, but came to the UK in 92, the MOT system said it needed a cat!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #9
I like that! I had half expected to see a mistakenly named Oak Green on clicking but now that is very different colour and great to see something  "uncommon"  like that.