Skip to main content
Topic: For Sale -1991 VW Golf GTi 16v 3 door - Big bumper - Oak Green  (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

For Sale -1991 VW Golf GTi 16v 3 door - Big bumper - Oak Green

DEPOSIT TAKEN

Owned by me for the last 7 years.

It has been off the road for 5 years, stored in a dry garage.

We had a good few years using it and then I decided to do a light restoration and as usual with me, I didn’t get far and it’s sat in the garage for the last 5 years, with very little work done.

I started cutting out the rust. It's not bad as you can see from the photos, a little on the rear arches and outer sills in places (I have the replacements) and the front part of the floor as photo.

I bought a new battery 10/09/22 and it started, albeit running on 5 year old fuel!

The headlining was baggy and has now come adrift (seems to be a normal problem).
I replaced most of the gear bushes and linkages, so the gear stick is much less sloppy

I replaced some parts in the sunroof so that works correctly.

There was a little oil leak somewhere, can't quite remember now.

It's done about 108k The engine and gearbox all seemed good.

Interior is pretty good, but some wear in driver seat. Paint isn't bad, but it's nowhere near concours. Front bumper is actually grey, I only noticed when I removed it (now replaced)

New steel wheels and the original BBS alloys (in need of a refurb) included.

Photos from when I bought it and in Summer 2015 https://photos.app.goo.gl/dGr7QDgQhrQZK8iF9

Current photos here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/BH3DpuEoMeAE95EB9

Unfortunately there is little history, I bought it off someone on the Lotus forum I belong to , who bought it from a friend who inherited it from his father in law.

It was written off many years ago, but I've seen no sign of any bodged repairs. I think the front wing has been replaced and there is evidence of paint elsewhere, but it was all done well and I wouldn’t have noticed. I believe it was kept by the same owner after.

£1500

Contact Mark
mark.holttum@gmail.com

Located in Central Hampshire (between Winchester, Southampton and Portsmouth)