Skip to main content
Topic: *Updated*Uploading pictures to the site (Read 1480 times) previous topic - next topic

*Updated*Uploading pictures to the site

So after discussions about this.  It appears if we let members use the forum database to upload photos, it will shallow the bandwidth of the site.

So, I have opened a imgbb.com account, for members should they wish to upload photos from your devices, unless you have your own picture host.

The account details are Mk2OC and password is VWgolfmk2 (case sensitive).

See attached for the tag you need to copy is the BB code.

[attachment deleted by admin due to attachment age]
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: Uploading pictures to the site

Reply #1
...just adding to this since I have eventually sussed out how to "toggle" and add an image in a post rather than a link...
Looks like others had sussed this out before me 5m4rt 4r535 !

When you have uploaded the image select the "Embed Codes" icon, the square with the right arrow.
This opens a new window which defaults to "Viewer Links" and shows the link to the pic.
If you change this to "BBCode Full" and copy the text then this will show the image in your post.

SIMPLES :{)

1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #2
I have had a problem with the fuel gauge not working so I started by putting the purple wire on the sender to earth gauge didn't move so I looked at the gauge put 12v to it out side the cluster and it moved OK so I put a meter on the 12v stablizer and it had good 9.9v out on the left and 9.9 out on the right put only 5.6 on  the middle I have got a new fuel gauge now in and no joy I charge the stablizer still nothing but it was pushing out 11.3 and  I got smoke when I looked the end resister was glowing the first one in line I think to cluster lights  has anyone got any ideas as I have ran out 😄

Reply #3
I thought I would do a picture instruction too.

The account details are Mk2OC and password is VWgolfmk2 (case sensitive).

First page you will see.  On the cloud with arrow in click on this to the right of the imgbb logo

You select where you are uploading from -

Once selected click upload.  If you do a batch upload you will only have one code to copy.

Where it says Embed Codes, use the drop down to the right to select BBCode full linked.  The code will appear underneath- then copy that code and put into your thread.

National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit