Skip to main content
Topic: Non-starting 1991 J Golf 1.8 Driver Auto for sale  (Read 479 times) previous topic - next topic

Non-starting 1991 J Golf 1.8 Driver Auto for sale

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum and I have a J Reg 1.8 Driver Auto that has been sitting in my garage in Essex for the past five years or so. I drove it into the garage and prior to that I drove it every day for some 20 years.

I had a mobile mechanic round who said it needs a new fuel pump but he wasn’t interested in sourcing a pump and fixing it and suggested I approach owners club enthusiasts instead.

Apart from the fact that it won’t start and sitting under about an inch of dust it’s in pretty good condition overall with no rust from what I can see. It’s diamond black, the mileage is 90-something thousand and I am only the second (careful lady 😀) owner. It was a great car for me and so I would really like it to go to someone that will restore it and love it.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will take some photos.

Re: Non-starting 1991 J Golf 1.8 Driver Auto for sale

Reply #2
Could you include some photos, perhaps the reg and some rough idea of price. Although there's less of a market for an auto, all mk2 Golfs are still sought after by the right kind of person! I think with a few more details it'd help massively. I'm interested myself but I've not yet finished my own mk2 project and probably get shot if I sourced yet another!