Skip to main content
Topic: Reproduction wings, any good?! (Read 400 times) previous topic - next topic

Reproduction wings, any good?!

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum and I'm after some advice if you would be so kind.

My Mk2 GTI is going in for some bodywork repairs next month, rear valance, rear arches and sills are getting replaced with KLOKKERHOLME repair panels as these seem to be the best well know reproduction ones you can get from what I can see. It also needs a set of new front wings, are there any decent reproduction ones available on the market which aren't a pain to fit up properly?

Cheers

Re: Reproduction wings, any good?!

Reply #1
Hi and welcome :-)

I'm afraid I've no direct experience of fitting aftermarket panels but as I understand it most need some kind of fettling to fit properly. The main thing comes down to the skill of the person fitting them, have a talk to the bodyshop you're using and see if they have any suppliers they'll recommend.

Alternatively ask them if they are happy to source the panels, that way if they have to do extra work to make them fit they might not be able to pass on that cost. If you supply panels and they tell you they were a terrible fit and they had to do X number of extra hours you might have to suck up a larger than expected bill.

As for wings, good used genuine ones are still out there. Try Matt Palmer of Mk2Spares.