Skip to main content
Topic: Repairing clocks - BilTechnik (Read 771 times) previous topic - next topic

Repairing clocks - BilTechnik

Hi

If anyone has dodgy clocks that they need fixing, I can highly recommend contacting Nathan at BilTechnik. He's just repaired my clocks, which were suffering from intermittent MFA and rev counter problems (for 8 years... But after a year's worth of lockdowns I finally ran out of excuses for not fixing them!)

Having unsuccessfully exhausted options such as replacing the fuse or checking the earth, I removed the clocks and posted them to BilTechnik. Nathan really knows his stuff! A few days later the clocks were back with me, fixed, along with photos and a video to demonstrate them working. It's a brilliant service and the overall cost was less than a used replacement from eBay - which possibly would have had their own gremlins to resolve, and wouldn't have had the right mileage - so I considered it a bit of a bargain.

Note: I'm not connected with BilTechnik in any way, and I've only used them once, but sharing my experience in case this is useful info for anyone in a similar situation who doesn't feel confident touching the circuit boards behind the dials.

Obviously it helps if you have ruled out other potential causes (e.g. fuse, earth, button on wiper stalk) so that you can pinpoint any issues to the clocks themselves, but it does seem to be quite common - particularly if you have Motometer ones, unfortunately.

Cheers all, stay safe

Re: Repairing clocks - BilTechnik

Reply #1
Ohh, I've just got a mk2 with a knackered LCD screen, this guy could be just the job.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #2
Hi! Thanks for the kind words Will, was a pleasure working on them for you! :)

I'm going to do a post on here detailing what I offer so I can hopefully help out some more people!

Reply #3
I couldn’t agree more, I have just had my clocks repaired by Nathan and the whole process was pain free (apart from Royal Mail returning them back to me). The clocks are working again and the nerd in me loves the booklet explaining what was done and the components that Nathan changed.
I did consider replacing the clocks but wanted to keep as original as possible and as the OP says you don’t know what you get when you buy second hand, I have confidence in the fact that these clocks will work for years to come.

Reply #4
Glad to hear about this.
My clocks have been faultless following the repair.
I had deja vu over the weekend when the rev counter plummeted back to zero as I was driving... But turns out that was just the engine dying, the clocks were fine 8)