Engine Swaps - Updated February 2018

TomRich
Dub Ninja
Drives: Golfs

Re: Engine Conversions

Postby TomRich » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 pm

I just accept it now that half of the cars are going to put up a fight mate :thumbs:

And some hard work makes me feel less guilty about spending my evenings mincing around playing with my own cars :D
0 x

TomRich
Dub Ninja

Postby TomRich » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:38 am

A few belated pictures from 2015.

8v GTI engine replacement - The replacement unit was well serviced and cleaned up as well as possible as was the bay, but they're naturally a little messy as I'm sure you guys appreciate :smile:

20v Conversion - BAM, DBW throttle, OEM management, etc... looks pretty stealthy :thumbs:

A little more work on Steve's long-term Jetta - Smoothed and painted the bay and got the 20v together :cool: Excuse the mess, this was a seriously busy time for us when these were taken :roll:

Picture sizing is all over the place so apologies, I'll sort it out when I'm back home :thumbs:
0 x

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Postby eddypeck » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:13 am

Seeing that 20v crammed in your daily has just made me ask myself; why, why, why did I stick with the k-jet? :lol:

It's not over worked or full of shiny or bright bits, it just fits and looks like it's meant to be there and love that the overal appearance of the car is otherwise unchanged... it also looks like it goes like stink. I could have lived with that. :thumbs:

Great to see, keep up the good work.
0 x

TomRich
Dub Ninja

Postby TomRich » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Cheers Tim :thumbs:

The second red one is actually a customer's, the brief was "Keep it looking as OEM as possible" and so it looked like a proper early 90's GTI from the outside.

We kept the header tank and washer bottle in their correct places, kept the wiring where it's supposed to be, kept the 20v engine as factory as possible bar the intercooler and Forge recirc valve and using a stumpy K&N air filter (still up to the K04-instigated job at hand, mind) to clear the washer bottle / battery.

In vaguely related news, Trav's blue Mk2 20v now has 32,000 miles on it since its conversion - going strong :thumbs:
0 x

Return to “Water Werks”