Posting Pictures - Step By Step Guide

Come and show off your ride here!!
boatgoat
L-Driver
Drives: MK2 16v Golf GTI

Re: Posting Pictures - Step By Step Guide

Postby boatgoat » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi Guys

does it have to be photobucket? I have all my car pic sup on flikr and wants to use this to post a build thread.

Thanks
0 x

FinalD
Top Valver
Drives: '89 8v GTI

Postby FinalD » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Any image site is fine, you just need to use the .jpg or whatever link rather than the album link. On Flickr if you choose share and then BBCode it'll give you the full code to just paste into the forum.
0 x

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Postby eddypeck » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

I'd stay away from Photobucket. I have all my stuff on there historically but it's been really unreliable recently. I've started using Flickr.
0 x

Freya Cooper
L-Driver
Drives: Looking for 8V GTI

Postby Freya Cooper » Wed May 09, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks! Found this really helpful!
1 x

Challice 16v
OEM
Drives: Mk2 golf gti 16v

Postby Challice 16v » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:53 pm

Has the add photo option changed? I thought there used to be an option in post reply to just upload a picture from your phone.
0 x

Kenneth cartwright
OEM+
Drives: 1989 gti valver

Postby Kenneth cartwright » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:26 am

Challice 16v wrote:Has the add photo option changed? I thought there used to be an option in post reply to just upload a picture from your phone.

I try that but says files too big now that camera on phones saves pictures in 2 to 5mb. Could maybe reduce size/quality and therefore size. But I have given in and use imgur simple enough

https://imgur.com/
now this is a free site, so the photo you upload seem to go directly on there homepage. so keep private stuff private. :shhh:
1 logged in via my facebook login an the button is there when you click to sign up. thats its basically.
2 sign up and then post via pc or phone. the share picture seems to work better via pc/laptop, although uploading pictures via phone easy.
3 go to image file under your login and then see pictures.
4 click on 1 picture and then look at share and get the bbcode (this bit seems easier on laptop/pc) and copy paste on to your message on forum. although you can share other code on phone and someone can click on it to view
Last edited by Kenneth cartwright on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
:jackson:
On the drive mk1 cabbies and mk2 gti valver.

Pootz
VW Bug
Drives: A 5 door Shed

Postby Pootz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Kenneth cartwright wrote:
Challice 16v wrote:Has the add photo option changed? I thought there used to be an option in post reply to just upload a picture from your phone.

I try that but says files too big now that camera on phones saves pictures in 2 to 5mb. Could maybe reduce size/quality and therefore size. But I have given in and use imgur simple enough

https://imgur.com/
now this is a free site, so the photo you upload seem to go directly on there homepage. so keep private stuff private. :shhh:
1 logged in via my facebook login an the button is there when you click to sign up. thats its basically.
2 sign up and then post via pc or phone. the share picture seems to work better via pc/laptop, although uploading pictures via phone easy.
3 go to image file under your login and then see pictures.
4 click on 1 picture and then look at share and get the bbcode and copy paste on to your message on forum.

I always upload my photos using Tapatalk as it's easy and doesn't seem to give a size limit
1 x

Return to “Members Rides”