how to embed images from Google Photos into forum posts

Here you will find all the How-to guides in Alphabetical order
Bootsie
OEM
Drives: 1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16v

how to embed images from Google Photos into forum posts

Postby Bootsie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Since Photobucket has blocked access to images posted forums such as this one I've been looking for other solutions.

Google Photos offers unlimited (for image sizes under 16 Mpixels) free photo hosting, but it's not immediately obviously how these images can be linked into forum posts. This process works for me:

• Upload images by drag and drop (or alternatively use the android or iOS app and have ALL images automatically uploaded from your device)
  • Click on an image so it's displayed full-page
  • Right-click the image and choose either Copy Image Location (Firefox), Copy Image Address (Chrome), or select Properties and copy the Address (URL) field in Internet Explorer
  • In your forum post, click the Insert Image button in the toolbar
  • Paste the image link between the [IMG] tags so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://xyz.googleusercontent.com/LongStringOfCharacters[/img]
  • Preview the post to check it looks ok
  • Submit the post

It's a bit of a faff but not much worse than Photobucket. I've been downloading my albums from Photobucket (since the pictures are still there of course) and then uploading these into Google Photos and updating my forum posts bit by bit. Hopefully everyone else can do the same.

I really recommend the iOS or Android app too - it makes the process much simpler since the photos on your device are all automatically uploaded to Google for you.

This guide is really meant for PC/Mac users - if you post with a smartphone or tablet I'd recommend purchasing Tapatalk as they have their own image hosting when you have a paid subscription.

Hope this helps.
1 x

Oakgreen16V
Site Admin
Drives: Rallye

Re: how to embed images from Google Photos into forum posts

Postby Oakgreen16V » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks Bootsie, I will give that a try.
0 x

Return to “Knowledge Library”