Organisor required for Bristol Volksfest 2018

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1991 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Organisor required for Bristol Volksfest 2018

Postby eddypeck » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Hey guys, for the past few years I've helped organise the mk2 OC club stand at Bristol Volksfest.
Having gone there for the past 6 or so years, and not owning a mk2 at the mo, I'm taking a break this year from this show as I find it a bit samey and I'll be doing some other stuff instead.

Therefore I need someone to take on the reigns and be the point of contact with the guys a BVF. There's not usually a lot to do, just a few exchanges of emails and as much as possible confirmation of expected numbers.

Last year there were issues 1. because it was a new venue and unknown for everyone, 2. because they required a minimum of 10 pre-booked weekend camping spaces to allocate us a stand in the showground. Because most of the guys that attend are local this never works getting that level of commitment even though there's usually no problem getting that number of people on the days. I managed to blag us a stand at the last minute, but cars on the stand was a problem as they wouldn't let club members move from general camping to the show area during the weekend :evil: Our location was pretty crap too.

To get around this I suggested for this year we have a combined stand with the mk1 guys who always get good camping numbers. Both the orgnaisers for BVF and the organsiers for the mk1 club thought this was a great idea. It would make for a mega 'Golf' display area which would be beneficial to both clubs and the BVF team just need to rope off one massive corner and leave the mk1/mk2 guys to work out the numbers, allocation and positioning. The mk1 club gets a lot of attention and general show coverage, loads of pics etc. so great to share some of that. They're also a friendly bunch and pretty much have a bbq lit from Friday till Sunday - sad I'll miss it actually.

So for whoever is free to take on this role I'll pass on the various contact details and it might help if you're able to come to a few of the First Friday Bristol Dub Love meets to talk through arrangements with Rich from the mk1 club.

Fill out your applications below:
0 x

BLCSO
Drives: GTi and Driver

Re: Organisor required for Bristol Volksfest 2018

Postby BLCSO » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 am

No MK2 OC at Bristol Volksfest this year then. I am surprised that no-one has offered to take this on.
0 x

vw-widow
Site Admin
Drives: Hubby insane :D

Re: Organisor required for Bristol Volksfest 2018

Postby vw-widow » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

me; if you can pass me the details I will get on to it
0 x
2020 MK2OC National Meet @ Curborough Sprint Circuit 17-19th July 2020 ]

Help raise funds for the Club, if you normally shop online, go via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/vwgolfmk2oc/ it costs you nothing!

Return to “ARCHIEVE from 2011”