My health and an apology to Stef (Sly_gti)

Talk about anything! (But keep it clean please!)
Pootz
VW Bug
Drives: A 5 door Shed

My health and an apology to Stef (Sly_gti)

Postby Pootz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 am

Well as some of you know I've had a crap run of bad health for the last 6 years starting with rheumatoid arthritis then osteoarthritis closely followed by 2 heart aytacks a stroke, type 2 diabetes and fibromyalgia.....well the curse has struck again and I'm currently lying in a hospital bed typing this (although I hope to be out and back home this afternoon)

I've had what is called a TIA (trans Ischemic attack or mini stroke) late on Friday night which is the same as a heart attack but to the brain caused by lack of blood to the brain, so unfortunately I think my days of not just mk2 golfs, but classic cars in general and possibly driving altogether, are numbered.

Big apology to stef as I was supposed to be collecting a towbar from her yesterday...SORRY, but it couldn't be helped.
I've lost 80% of the use of my left side again and I stutter now plus most of my food and drink ends up on my shirt so I look like a proper messy git.
Fortunately I'm right handed so I can type better than I speak at the moment.

I thought I'd pop this on here and keep it off Facebook as I spent most of my time here and I know how Facebook can blow things all out of context and even be cruel which I dint need at the present time.

Anyway. Thanks to evetyone for theirr support over the last 6 or so years.

It's been fun, I'll still be here bit not as much as I've slowed down a lot now (it's taken me 45 minute to write this)
0 x

vw-widow
Site Admin
Drives: Hubby insane :D

Re: My health and an apology to Stef (Sly_gti)

Postby vw-widow » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am

Andy

I'm sure Steph will understand.

I'm really sorry to hear that your back in hospital. Hope they are looking after you well.

Big hugs and look after yourself. Let us know how your getting on X

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
0 x
2020 MK2OC National Meet @ Curborough Sprint Circuit 17-19th July 2020 ]

Help raise funds for the Club, if you normally shop online, go via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/vwgolfmk2oc/ it costs you nothing!

sly_gti
VW Bug
Drives: Mk2 2.0 8v

Postby sly_gti » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Don't worry about it, I did think something must have happened.

Get well soon.
0 x

Pootz
VW Bug

Postby Pootz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Thanks folks.

I'm back home with good and bad news.
Good news is, I can still drive but not for 2 weeks
Bad news is, I need a car which I can get an electric mobility scooter into with ease so unfortunately that means no mk2.

I'm hoping to hang onto it for a couple more weeks so i can have 1 last drive in it and hopefully get to the meet in Bristol but then it has to go up for sale.
0 x

vw-widow
Site Admin
Drives: Hubby insane :D

Postby vw-widow » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Yeah, your home.

You have to do what makes life easier.

Your still welcome here :) no matter what

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
0 x
2020 MK2OC National Meet @ Curborough Sprint Circuit 17-19th July 2020 ]

Help raise funds for the Club, if you normally shop online, go via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/vwgolfmk2oc/ it costs you nothing!

Pootz
VW Bug

Postby Pootz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks shell. Means a lot.

Unfortunately the way to make my life easier isn't exactly the way I thought it would be.
I even thought about buying a trailer to tow the mobility scooter on but its just not feasible as I have nowhere to store a trailer.
O cant even use a wheelchair permanently instead as I need someone to push.. which is crap as I already have a wheelchair.
0 x

big F
Dub Ninja
Drives: 20V & 91 Driver

Postby big F » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Pootz , Im so sorry to hear about your being hit with the bad health stick again.

You are such a trooper, I'm sure many would have thrown in the towel some time ago, but not you.
Your illness makes my on going health problems seem like a minor inconvenience in comparison.

Maybe you cant drive your Mk2 and fit the scooter in anymore but you could still be a VAG guy.
A chap round the corner from me has a Caddy which he pops his scooter in the back of.

An Ex British Gas Caddy can be picked up quite cheap at the auctions. In fact the one near me regularly outs batches of them.
0 x
Thanks

Big F

Pootz
VW Bug

Postby Pootz » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Big F
Thanks for the kind words.
I'm looking at caddys and similar.
I'm also reapplying for my PIP so hopefully I'll get a mobility vehicle in which case the caddy is available through them.

Giving up isn't in my nature as I have a daughter who I need to see graduate (again) and hopefully one day walk (or rather, stagger) down the aisle...until my duties as a dad are done then tbetes no getting rid of me that easily
1 x

Kenneth cartwright
OEM
Drives: 1989 gti valver

Postby Kenneth cartwright » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 am

hi pootz
sorry to hear about your health issues, hope you get some improvement soon.
i do know of a wheelchair accessible fiat doblo although is up here in RETFORD. It belongs to the paintshop owner, at http://www.st-performance.co.uk/index.html you can ask simon for details. i was looking at it as a fishing van....but to be honest its made for better use than me
0 x
:jackson:
On the drive mk1 cabbies and mk2 gti valver.

big F
Dub Ninja
Drives: 20V & 91 Driver

Postby big F » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Pootz wrote:Giving up isn't in my nature as I have a daughter who I need to see graduate (again) and hopefully one day walk (or rather, stagger) down the aisle...until my duties as a dad are done then theres no getting rid of me that easily

Lesser mortals would have just accepted a life sat in front of the TV, eating snacks and letting life drift by, whilst moaning about being ill and how society does not care for them.
0 x
Thanks

Big F

Return to “General Chat”