LED/Blanking and Headlight switch

in car entertainment, get the best out of your ICE system also wiring problems, lighting, switches - anything that's not ignition system or ECU related
Robbiemjp
L-Driver
Drives: 1990 Golf GTI 16V

LED/Blanking and Headlight switch

Postby Robbiemjp » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Just recently got my girl back from the garage and the blanking dummy switch that used to have a unused bulb or LED cover in it has been lost. Can I find one anywhere, nightmare. Does anyone know what they are called? Furthermore my headlight switch is bust. So I have gone to VW heritage and ordered the correct replacement as described on their website for it not to be the correct part. Has anyone had a similar issue? Seems trivial but is driving me mad.
0 x
Robbie MJP :jackson:
Oak green 16v

eddypeck
Supercharged
Drives: 1986 MK2 Golf GTI 8v

Re: LED/Blanking and Headlight switch

Postby eddypeck » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:18 pm

There are at least 3 versions of the headlight switch iirc, it can be a bit tricky getting the right one as I think they all have the same part number since VW superceeed it and updated the old part during the production life. the number of pins should be what you need to go by, if you fit the wrong one it can cause a fire I believe.

I think the blank you mentioned, if I understand what you're saying, is just commonly known as a switch blank, and if you had one with an LED in it was the common place to put the flashing LED for an alarm/immobilizer if one fitted, or just fake flashing LED as a deterrent.

I'm sure someone on here will have some spares, I used to but don't have any any longer. If not, just chuck "Mk2 Switch Blank" in eBay.
0 x

Return to “I.C.E and Electrical”