Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestion for a Northern meet at The Motorist? (Read 452 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion for a Northern meet at The Motorist?

Just wondering if anyone is up for a Sunday AM meet at:

The Motorist Coffee and Cars

Sherburn in Elmet, souf east of Leeds.

Sharknose made me aware of this and we went a few weeks ago. There were Porsche as well as more ordinary stuff. A cabby gti turned up as well as
a couple of S3s and an RS4 probs about 20+ cars. Unfortunately the showrooms weren't open to view their stock but there is a large car parking area and the cafe was open.
Of course it's weather dependent as to how many turn-up and the fact it's in the chilly north, but it would be good to meet up and have a round of Golf chat.
I can't make this weekend but next weekend is a possibility. Any takers?
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Re: Suggestion for a Northern meet at The Motorist?

Reply #1
Considered calling in at Coffee n Cars in the past. About 20 miles down the A1 for me.
Unfortunately Gordon is in bits.

Reply #2
Considered calling in at Coffee n Cars in the past. About 20 miles down the A1 for me.
Unfortunately Gordon is in bits.

You don't need to be driving your Golf.

edit: There were a couple of "ordinary cars"
Personally I have an interest in a range of cars, Porsche are OK but my interest is more with the cars in my "price-range" / what I've owned or wanted.

FYI I've seen a group of A2 enthusiasts at recent Thoresby Hall car meets.

Reply #3
The A2 is in bits too. Stripped two threads in its cylinder head earlier this week.
Solution, lock it up, put the tools away and enjoy a bottle of wine 🍷🤷‍♂️🍷.

Edit, did you know that I have an A2?  I’m up for a Northern get together at Coffee n Cars but it will have to wait until March. I need to clear some garage space and get the A2 in. With less salt on the roads Ill have something worthy to drive down. 

Reply #4

Edit, did you know that I have an A2?  I’m up for a Northern get together at Coffee n Cars but it will have to wait until March. I need to clear some garage space and get the A2 in. With less salt on the roads Ill have something worthy to drive down.

You mentioned having an A2 in one of your updates and I think I even saw it in one of your pics.
I tried one out before I bought a 02 Beetle TDi. A high mileage 1.4TDI. It was nice but not a Beetle!

Re mode of transport to The Motorist it doesn't really matter we can always meet up again later in the year.

I can't make this Sunday, but next is possible.

There are a few fellow northerners on the "other" forum too.

Reply #5
As a basic requirement the mode of transport has to be not broken.  My cars are broken or SORN at the minute, I could cycle down but I guess a MAMIL (more realistically an OAMIL) is the last thing they would want at their motoring cafe.

You would probably get a better response on Facebook once you have a firm date.