Skip to main content
Topic: Gti 3dr drivers side door wanted  (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic

Gti 3dr drivers side door wanted

Hi all,

Looking for a 3dr drivers side door, J reg Gti.

Thanks!

Re: Gti 3dr drivers side door wanted

Reply #1
Saw your original, since deleted post explaining why you need a new door.

Is it badly damaged? If you haven't already and it's physically / financially doable, don't dismiss getting it repaired as an option.

My drivers door was off for paint and minor repair (granted very minor) recently, it literally came back like new.

Big bonus keeping the existing door was it went back on perfectly with little or no fettling needed. 

Even with another genuine door that's not original to the car there's likely going to be some work needed to account for differing wear / settling on hinges etc. between yours and the donor cars door.

Be aware there's not much wiggle room for that adjustment... you've just the 2x hinge points (limited) in combination with the striker pin to fine tune things.

While it's probably unfair to say this, as I haven't needed to use pattern parts, you do often see comments saying they aren't a great fit or require quite a bit of tinkering.

Reply #2
If it isn't repairable try MK2 spares or Brendon Moss via Facebook.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #3
Thanks for your great replies!

So it is quite badly caved in about half a meter wide dent, the door still opens and closes though. Looking at your advice maybe I should go and get a quote from some repair shops.

I will also look into those facebook pages.