Skip to main content
Topic: Atlas Grey Mk2 Golf GTi 8v 5 Door (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

Atlas Grey Mk2 Golf GTi 8v 5 Door

This car was my sisters for years and I’ve spent the last month getting it into the condition you see it in the pics and below description.

The car past it’s MOT back in March time with only a few advisories, all of which has been replaced. There is 127k miles on the clock with 7 previous owners.

In the last few months the car has had –

-   New rear drums/pads/bearings
-   Second hand G60 alloys with pretty much new tires
-   Fast road cam + new head gasket
-   Missing clips, plastics, trims bits all replaced/sourced where needed
-   Leather seats and door cards have been double treated and are soft and supple like new. The valet left a weird grey/matt finish but this will be sorted this week.
-   New replacement head liner
-   Idle/CO2/fuel/timing all sorted as per correct specs
-   Rebuilt gear linkages so now feel brand new
-   Re-keyed front locks so one key for all five
-   New front door pockets Vibe speakers and grills.
-   New Rear kicker speakers
-   Blaupunkt DAB stereo with windscreen antenna and wired to ignition and aux cable

The paint work has some scrapes, bump and marks all round as per the picture. The only rust on the whole car is the rear window spray with a bit of bubbling. There are a few scratches on the roof where the sunroof was refitted. The bonnet looks quite faded so could do with a respray. Solid underneath and everywhere else. The interior is in good shape and has just had new carpets and door card plastic sheets. The seats are heated but do not have the loom or switch gear.

Mechanically the car is absolutely solid bar the idle is a bit rough from cold. This is due to the idle valve pipe collapsing under pressure as it’s old and soft. I have the part number but am struggling to find it new. Once it’s warmed up the car is bang on. No knocks, rattles or other weird noises. Its drives, brakes and steers true. The second gear makes a crunch sound at high rev shift when cold. Once warmed up it goes away.

The engine also had a full rebuild a few years ago so no issues here.

The non-standard parts are the exhaust, intake, fuel pressure reg and head liner. Other than that, all bits have been oem/vw.

This is a private sale on a business account. You are bidding to buy, not to view. If you are buying a car on an online auction you should view it. There is no refund despite the listing stating otherwise.

Any questions let me know. I’m looking for £4,000.

More pics can be found here –

https://app.photobucket.com/u/jc_sutcliffe/a/0a0d3566-bb92-4ad4-9b2a-a21b8dd3d918