Skip to main content
Topic: Mk2 golf build  (Read 677 times) previous topic - next topic

Mk2 golf build

Hi guys this will be my first post I have been building a mk2 golf rally car for about 5 years now and I’m finally coming to a end there’s been plenty of set backs and learning curves along the way but I’m pretty pleased with the final outcome it’s running KW fully adjustable 2 way suspension with a Kalmar dog box and sqs sequential selector also with a added load cell for programmable flatshift it’s on emerald k6+ management with custom full front too back wiring and centre control console Also with a talon one touch control module too the engine was a 230bhp NA 16v abf (which decided too drop a valve) so a new engine is currently being built but it uses a fully custom manifold with desired lengths and a AP power throttle body setup all fully forged the drive shafts are billet uprated shafts with the larger S3 outer joints the car has been extensively lightened In every possible way from fabricating new boot floors too bulkheads and everything in between it’s a seriously light car the seats are fully carbon corbeau seats we have made a fully custom steering column with a electronic power steering setup and a quafe quick rack kit the brakes consist of a tarox 6 pot setup floor mounted pedal box and full aeroquip lines throughout we have a fuel cell fitted inside the car with full progold fuel lines throughout there is probably so much I have forgotten but I thought I’d throw my build on here for some like minded people too have a look oh yea and it’s very orange 

Re: Mk2 golf build

Reply #1
I did try and upload images but I don’t think it has worked ?

Reply #2
You are right no images. There is a guide on here on how to upload. I can't do it either. I am sure someone will point you in the right direction.
scs  

Reply #4
Yes it is bright. I can see the amount of work you have put in. Looks like it will be fun to drive.
scs

Reply #5
Wow! That's a seriously clean track car!
Seriously purposeful too, excellent work

I use Flickr too, if you want to embed the photos in your posts, you can click into the individual photos and there are three icons on the bottom right, the middle (arrow) will give you options to copy the code you need to paste here.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #6
Thank you it has taken me about 5 years but done it all pretty much myself hence the amount of time taken haha and ah so do I just copy the code into the message and it will appear in the post or is there a bit more too it ?

Reply #7
Yeah, that little arrow is a 'share' button, it'll take you to a window.
If you click the BBCode, you can select the size you want and clicking on code will automatically copy it.
Then just paste it here.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster