Skip to main content
Topic: MK2 GOLF TYPE 19 GTI WITH ENGINE SWAP - UNFINISHED PROJECT (Read 505 times) previous topic - next topic

MK2 GOLF TYPE 19 GTI WITH ENGINE SWAP - UNFINISHED PROJECT

For sale is my Mk2 GTI unfinished project.

3 Door, C reg, Small bumpers, fully standard and original externally. There is some rust here and there around the window seal areas bottom of the doors etc. Windscreen is cracked. Drivers headlight glass is broken. The car is fully assembled with original fog light grille and red stripe front bumper - the photos below are the only ones I have right now.

The engine bay has been smoothed, all holes plated over, all seam sealer removed and fully resprayed in original alpine white. It has a KR 16v engine that has been overbored to 1.9l, Alpha/Weber throttle bodies and management with trigger wheel, TSR stainless exhaust manifold, Kent Cams, Cable change gearbox conversion, Corrado pedal box with hydraulic clutch. Silicon hoses, engine/gearbox/subframe have been powder coated and rebuilt with polyurethane bushes and stainless hardware. Top fill radiator, stainless braided brake and clutch line, extended and hidden wiring harness. There is a Setrab oil cooler installed but needs a sandwich plate to hook everything up. The engine previously belonged to Elliott Roberts, editor of PVW magazine and was fitted to a couple of iconic MK1 golf project cars that he had.

Its on a set of coilovers and comes with a set of 4 BK 15" alloys with heavily perished tyres. (I do have a set of freshly refurbed BBS RMs 15"x7j in black that I would sell with the car) I know the pics show a space saver on the rear passenger corner.

Interior is standard and in good interior except for a sagging headliner and an uncut parcel shelf that has a crease in it. It has all been reassembled, I know the centre console with original tape storage is shown on the passenger seat in the photos below.

Basically it needs a new clutch master cylinder, brakes and clutch bleeding and some wiring to get it running.

It has a full stainless Scorpion exhaust system with super 90's upswept letterbox tailpipe.

I'd like £5K ONO as it is, I've been out of the VW scene for a few years now, so if I've priced it badly, please let me know so I can amend.

Pics