Skip to main content
Topic: RHD A/C GTI (Read 1650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RHD A/C GTI

Reply #15

C0V   steel wheels 6J x 15 offset 45 (five-hole)

I think you've read C0U as C0V, otherwise you have 14" tyres on 15" steel rims with 5 stud pattern, 
C0U is Aluminium rim, 6Jx14H2 ET38 which seems more realistic.

Thanks for the list, I'm updating the ones I didn't have already.

Reply #16
It's either C0V or C0U, definitely a zero in the middle.
C0U would align with the tyres as you state.

It has 16" BBS RS764s with 195/45R16 so I can't tell..
581.9mm circumference; 4.3mm or 0.74% more than 577.6mm original.
Wheels are the only thing spec-wise that isn't original on it, speedo is pretty accurate.

Chris.

Reply #17
You may like this then https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=845.0
Beautiful build, so much detail! The single thing that made me shudder was the coilovers, why would you do that?? I've never driven or been in a mk2 on coilovers that rode. Even very very expensive ones. My GTI and the boy's Rivage are on OE spec Bilsteins with (40mm I think) lowered Eibach springs, the Rivage has had every bush done and it rides literally like a new one but with a better stance. Not taking it away from him though such a great build. I'm still in Engineering build mode, adding stuff and fixing stuff then when it's all done it will come to pieces and go in for bodywork (it's looking tired and tatty at the mo but mechanicals are priority for me. Has to be daily driver reliable). I have a set of 'pretty common actually' 305mm Ibiza Cupra R Brembos which are a bolt on fit and a new 22.2mm master cylinder (which is what the Seat ran) with new load balancer and so much other shizz to go on. Looove that paint, can't wait to get mine done, where did he source it from in the end?

Yeah not a fan of coilies myself but he went down that road, I had replaced the suspension a few years ago with OEM shocks and springs but he wanted it slightly lower, he reckons it drives nice though, will see when I get a spin.

I'll find out where he got the paint as he went through a lot before settling on the one he used.

Reply #19
It was Quiggs Brothers in N Ireland, they are breakers and bodywork people, can get hold of them here http://www.quiggbros.co.uk/, think he went through about half a dozen before them.

Reply #20
Back to your original query.
There was a guy from Doncaster who attended the 2018 or 2019 national meet at Curborough. He has an oak green 16v with aircon if I remember correctly. Not sure what his "tag" is or whether he is still a member.
Anyone else know?
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #21
What a great MK2 you have by the sounds of it. Helios blue is one of my favourite colours and you’re right it will look almost purple in the sun. VW has done some great metallic colours over the years which are pretty subtle but to the true car enthusiast look great.
Good luck with your resto I’d keep all the cars you have original without chopping into anyone of them. Adding stuff like cruise is cool though. How does it operate on the mk2?? I’ve never seen it before.

Reply #22
What a great MK2 you have by the sounds of it. Helios blue is one of my favourite colours and you’re right it will look almost purple in the sun. VW has done some great metallic colours over the years which are pretty subtle but to the true car enthusiast look great.
Good luck with your resto I’d keep all the cars you have original without chopping into anyone of them. Adding stuff like cruise is cool though. How does it operate on the mk2?? I’ve never seen it before.

Cruise control on a mk2 runs of the vacuum pipes and I believe is quite easy to connect up. The difficulty is getting the full kit with all of the correct parts, including the stalk.