Skip to main content
Topic: Magazine Scans... (Read 1145 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Magazine Scans...

Reply #15
Correction. The AUG on my sticker will be the transmission code. Like you Paul I usually read the forum on my phone and missed the details about spec in the table!
I've also just looked in the book pack and the car was registered on 1st Aug 1991. So it will have been manufactured before then. Not sure how to work it out tbh.
Here's Martin's post:
Build Sticker

Edit: So my String of numbers are:
02 1 2484
It might have been festering somewhere before it was sold!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #16
Ages since I looked at this Andy, but having re-read my own post 02 1 is the week of the production year and day of the production week for your car.

You're going to have to assume it's a 1991 car, in which case that makes your production date Monday 7th January.

Since making that post I've read the numbers after that (2484 in your case) is the running total of cars made on that particular day, but maybe that was someone just speculating and I can't confirm anything.

Reply #17
Looking over the BrokeVW site again, realised I can easily check my own gearbox as it's still out of the car...

According to him the numbers are first two - Day, second two - Month and final single number - Year.

19th August 1991...

Reply #18
July 1985...

Reply #19
Wow! They were really just throwing speakers everywhere they could!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #20
June 1997... Not sure why a G60 is on the cover, doesn't make an appearance anywhere inside.

Unfortunately A466 CRX may now be in a coma - untaxed since 2001