Skip to main content
Topic: Qpeng ECU (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Qpeng ECU

Hi I have a AGU 20vt engine swap running on a Qpeng ECU and I'm looking to swap the gearbox to automatic, I ws hoping there may be some experts on here who may be able to offer some advice what would be required!

Dave

Re: Qpeng ECU

Reply #1
Hi Dave,

The QPENG ECUs were sold on the fact they were very simple and could be a plug and play solution to 20v swaps.
Unfortunately, with the evolution of our understanding of stock ECUs, the same could be achieved with OE equipment with the advantage of full diagnostics, QPENG ended up going out of business.

Now to my knowledge, if you want an auto box, you'll need the corresponding control module, which in turn will need to talk to (you've guessed it) a VW ECU.

I'd say your best bet would be to either buy or find a breaking 20vt auto TT (there's one on ebay for 2k).
Then take everything you need from it - Engine/Box/all looms/pedal/both ECUs.
Send the ECU off to be defeated and then wire up the stock loom to your fusebox (there's a great guide on Club GTI for that).

Once you get everything running, you can sell your current engine/loom/box as a complete conversion kit and make some money back.

Between selling your current kit and breaking the rest of the car, you should see a fair chunk of your money back.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Re: Qpeng ECU

Reply #2
Ahh ok thanks mate, been out the scene for a while and didn't know all that had happened! bit of a spanner in the works! But at least i have a starting point now