Skip to main content
Topic: Central locking and remote not working. (TOAD ALARM) (Read 682 times) previous topic - next topic

Central locking and remote not working. (TOAD ALARM)

Hey folks.

So my central locking as F***ed.

The drivers door lock stopped working, along with the central locking. Even the key doesn't work, and I can't even pull the door pin. Already snapped one trying to do it.

Now the central locking is controlled by the after market toad alarm. Which was probs installed in the early 2000's. I don't use the key to open the car. A feature of the alarm is that it locks you in once you turn the ignition, which can be unlocked by simply pulling the drivers doorpin. This has recently been getting worse when trying to pull the pin up to open the door, without having to go through the hassle of turning the car off, which would then unlock it. This is how I snapped a pin recently.

Tonight, it's totally gone. Key barely turns in the driver's door, the pin and puller on the outside both twitch slightly. The passenger door key hole works, but just unlocks that door old school style. There is no more central locking! Pump is silent, but I suspect that's because it still thinks it's locked. The alarm still arms thankfully, but now I have to climb through passenger door. The driver's door pin is locked down solid.

There's no point trying to get Toad involved as although they still exist, the company claim they have nothing to do with Toad, despite the number being called is on the damn website, along with all of their toad other alarm products. Basically they're not interested.

Can anyone help me with suggestsions etc? Otherwise I'm just going to end up calling an automotive locksmith.

Re: Central locking and remote not working. (TOAD ALARM)

Reply #1
I had a Toad on mine but the CL was also aftermarket motors that were clamped to the rod for the popper so you couldn't use a key to open the door, maybe yours is the same or maybe it's off the OEM vacuum system.

My mate now has my car and I am sure he has the manual for the alarm as I gave it to him with receipt, might be useful.

Reply #2
Most like the vacuum CL has been ditched for electronic actuators.
These are added into the door, possibly these have come loose and jammed the mechanism.

Take the drivers door card off for further inspection.

Reply #3
Most like the vacuum CL has been ditched for electronic actuators.
These are added into the door, possibly these have come loose and jammed the mechanism.

Take the drivers door card off for further inspection.

Yeah, I've only just managed to get some screws out to pry it open slightly. I won't be able to remove the card, as I can't open the door. I'm probably going to have to remove the drivers eat to swing it open some more, because I can barely get a hand in at the mo. :(