Skip to main content
Topic: Sunroof seal (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

Sunroof seal

Hey all,

Its been so long since i had a sunroof, just curiuos its not currently leaking, but its in real bad shape, if i dont open it an clean the body side of it up, an disturb it, will it start to leak, or does over hang the drip collector, not prepared to open it, but would like to polish the panels up, i will replace it, but on the list of bits to do its just not important yet, but the car is just so filthy

Re: Sunroof seal

Reply #1
I think it's still possible for water to seep through the sunroof seal. That's why it's important to ensure the 4 x drains are clear. If you do decide to fit a new seal shop around. Lots of items with scene tax added. I bought mine from a VW dealer for about £60 but it was 5 years ago!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #2
may i translate that, are you saying sunroof seal, is more a wind break, as water still comes threw, but is caught an travels done the drains, rather then straight into the cabin its self, unless drains are blocked becuase then it would leak into cabin etc

Reply #3
I think the seal is there as the initial water stop but any water that does get through should go down the drains.

Reply #4
so i can disturb it to some degree then, but best not to open it just yet then, so washing the muck of will be ok

Reply #5
I can't see a problem with cleaning the area as long as the seal does not disintegrate .