Skip to main content
Topic: Rear wheel bearing help (Read 127 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear wheel bearing help

Hey guys, im replacing my rear disc's i assume bearing are pressed intot them, or at least while im there, i may aswell replace them,

My question is i have 89 ce1 1gz gti, what bearings am i likely to find here, as it appears 4 options

- theres a drum version it looks like, which is listed for my car "which mine is not" bearing kit
- theres a rear disc option "which of course mine is disc" single bearing not listed for my car
-theres another disc option for raylle an synco "which mine is not" single bearing
- then theres Gsf which list an inner an outer bearing for my car reg seperatly. But is of course there only option which to me renders the other options as useful as a choclate teapot,

Any light on the topic will be very helpful

Re: Rear wheel bearing help

Reply #1
Hi Minty,

You'll definitely have to swap the bearings out, but they're not too difficult to do.
Just need to find the right size socket to send them back in with.

If you're not desperate for them tomorrow, have a look at autodoc, (use the app, it's cheaper) you can usually get really good quality ones very cheap, but you do have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #2
i did look on auto doc, which listed a kit for the car reg, but just a little confused to what kit i need as other sites have shown different kit options

i thought they would be pressed into the disc

Reply #3
i guess the question is, are the disc and drum bearings the same, as the other 2 options for single bearings just cant be right ?