Skip to main content
Topic: New Car 91 16v (Read 652 times) previous topic - next topic

New Car 91 16v

Hi All

I thought I would start a thread on my resto here rather than the new members area; I got my car early in the summer after seeing it on eBay, its a genuine barn find and was advertised after the previous owner had (after many years) realised that she was unlikely to have the funds or tome to get it back on the road. I was stored in a neighboring barn in the village and had slowly deteriorated, what was an engine rebuild (the engine was already out) was looking like a much bigger job. I contacted Holly the owner through ebay and arranged to go and see the car, we hit it off straight away and when it was obvious that I was fan of the mark and that I was not going to just break it for spares she agreed to end the auction and sell it to me, attached the auction page that i visited on a hourly basis:

Re: New Car 91 16v

Reply #1
The day of collection early this summer:

Reply #2
Back at home in its new forever garage and after a quick wash it was time to start discovering what I had bought, I removed the birds nest (seriously) from the lower part of the air filter housing and the flywheel from the back seat, some of the seat fabric came with it, it didn't look that bad overall so it was time to remove a few bits of trim and see what lurked beneath.

Reply #3
..and here was the answer: