Skip to main content
Topic: Mk2 Golf Gti V5 20v (Read 1018 times) previous topic - next topic

Mk2 Golf Gti V5 20v

Unfortunately due to ill health I am having to part with my Mk2 Golf Gti which I've had since 2012 and done so much work on.

Car is in Wrexham, North wales and has just passed it's MOT on Saturday. looking for £8000ono but I'm open to offers so please text or call 07850448499 Paul.

Hi for sale I have my awesome and very special Mk2 Golf Gti, pains me to sell after all the time and effort that has gone into creating it but needs must! The engine is the 2.3L 20v VR5 engine and box from a SEAT Toledo producing roughly 180bhp and really does go well and sounds amazing! Has VVT and variable inlet runners and unlike the VR6 the chassis leg doesn’t need butchering and is slightly lighter. The intention was to Turbocharge the engine with a GT30 which I have started to fabricate the manifold for and possibly 4motion conversion. Unfortunately, due to health issues I have not been able to drive her for 2 years so instead of it sitting there idle I have decided to let someone else enjoy her. There really is too much to list but I will do my best.

•   2.3L 20V VR5 AQN Engine and gearbox from SEAT Toledo, very quick in a light shell.
•   Mileage is just under 112k on the shell which is solid.
•   Engine and box are solid and pulls really strong!
•   Modified Mk2 golf downpipe to Scorpion stainless backbox.
•   Huge folder full of receipts for work carried out and parts bought by me, 2 previous owners prior to me were both old men
        and kept it in the garage under a duvet!
•   Hydraulic clutch conversion.
•   Electronic throttle conversion.
•   Engine bay painted Tornado red to match the wheels
•   15x8 BBS RM with almost new tyres on the front and the rears are brand new.
•   New battery fitted.
•   Heater matrix done a few months ago.
•   Recaro seats from early Ford, Drivers seat has sliders and passenger seat is fixed.
•   Really nice condition inside with new mats.
•   Sony head unit
•   Remote central locking.
•   Braided clutch hose.
•   Height adjustable coil-overs
•   Eibach anti-roll bars
•   Mk4 Golf rear calliper conversion with braided lines.
•   Mk2 Golf G60 front brake conversion.
•   New window scrapers on both sides.

Less perfect bits!

•   It is a 30-year-old car so it does have defects and isn’t perfect but is very presentable, few chips and scratches to the paintwork
        but comes up fantastic!
•   Rev counter doesn’t work as I haven’t sourced a tacho adapter for it yet but they are available.
•   Slight oil leak from sump gasket.
•   Clutch is a bit sticky so could do with a bleed, I will most likely sort that this week though.
•   Could do with new clocks, not all functions are working.

I have tried to be as thorough as possible but have probably missed something so please feel free to ask questions you may have.
I am here to sell, I have put a reserve on but I think it is a fair amount, new owner will be very happy!

Thanks,

Paul

Happy to send more pics on request  :)