Skip to main content
Topic: New to the Mk2 Scene (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the Mk2 Scene

How it going folks,

I am in kettering Northamptonshire if anyone is local? I had a mk1 gti about 10 years ago and had to sell it to finance a divorce, now looking to get a mk2 as the mk1's have gone though the roof. I have got lots of questions so you will soon be sick of me :)  :).

1st, looking at buying my 1st mk2, i intend to do an engine conversion do I need to buy a gti or would a lesser model do?

2nd, I have spent some time looking at bits and bobs it looks like the 20vt route any thoughts?

3rd, CE1 or CE2 i read the CE2 is easier to do the conversion is it a problem if I get a CE1 car?

If anyone could add some links that could possibly help me, that would be a huge help

thats it for now keep safe folks ;)  

Re: New to the Mk2 Scene

Reply #1
theres already a few converted cars on ebay, around 7k  that considering conversions are priced anything from 2to 6k depending company doing means the cars owners are losing money.  But each to there own.... far better to convert a GTI since has bigger brakes already..  so would save a few £££.. Although brakes were designed for 130bhp not 180 -250, so upgrades are definitely recommended. I know as i piled my mk1 v5 (2.3) golf into a skoda...  for 1 stop shop try sambos vag conversion up darfield way south yorks he's doing a few per month , including hydro pedal conversions.