Skip to main content
Topic: logging in (Read 433 times) previous topic - next topic

logging in

Hi everyone.
 Now custodian of Mk2 Golf GTi (8 V) 1990 carrying 84k miles of baggage, purchased in exchange for BMW M3 E46 (2004) plus a bit more cash, from local German classic car dealer here in the West Country.
Bit of a culture shock, but at my age 68 years, need to manage expectations where my licence and day to day running costs are concerned etc.
Already experienced a duff immobiliser, which dealer is sorting, otherwise my initial shake down drive (Covid-19 distancing adhered to) gave me cause to believe this car will provide much needed fun factor in my future driving experience.
Already preparing a mental 'list' of things car will benefit from when funds allow. I have secured an agreed valuation with LV insurance and mindful of straying away from original/stock vehicle status to an 'improved performance' moniker which might impact on vehicle valuation.
Any real life experience in this area would be gratefully received.
 The sharp-eyed amongst you will have noticed my user-name 'marcos gt'. This was the first car I ever owned, and wish I could be re-united with it again, if it has been spared (YPC 200 G).

Re: logging in

Reply #1
Hello!

Is it a white Golf... never enough white ones?

Probably teaching you how to suck eggs but Cazana shows YPC200G is still on a Marcos and gets MOT'd regularly. Gov.UK says it's also currently taxed so somebody has and uses it.

Reply #2
'Fraid not... she is Schwarz black.

Thanks for marcos research, not much cop at IT/media stuff. Good to know my kit car from hell is still doing the rounds!

Reply #3
Suppose we'll make an exception this time... Now, if it'd been yellow!