Skip to main content
Topic: Horrible noise when taking foot off accelerator (Read 570 times) previous topic - next topic

Horrible noise when taking foot off accelerator

Ugh,

I'm beginning to get incredibly fed up with my MK2 golf (1.6 driver) I seem to be getting one thing fixed for another issue to come up a few weeks later.

Most recent issue is a horrible "foof/bghurr" noise which happens when I am driving in gear and take my foot off the accelerator the only way I can explain the noise is it sounds like when you do a really quiet fart and your buthole it makes a poooof/foooof noise. The engine then feels all judery and horrible for a second until I pump the accelerator cable and then it stops, remove my foot it makes the noise again. The other day when driving the pedal dropped slightly so I thought it may be an accelerator cable issue so I adjusted that today and changed the choke cable as it had a bend in it took it for a test drive and it was all fine for about 10minutes until the noise returned, only this time the noise is worse than it was before.

Getting so annoyed that I'm considering binning off the car as I've spent over £2000 in The past 3 years with all the issues with it.

Any ideas what it could be?

I have a video of the he noise I can upload and link.

Re: Horrible noise when taking foot off accelerator

Reply #2
Unlikely but check the condition of the rubber bung on the accelerator pedal / throttle cable connecton