Skip to main content
Topic: MK3 Golf GTI 16v (Read 444 times) previous topic - next topic

MK3 Golf GTI 16v

Hi!
So I was looking for Jetta but my wife hates those. With lots of classic old VWs already and valentines day coming up the most sensible option was to buy a car my wife has always liked (and me) the Golf GTI. With recent messages from my wife ringing in my ear - "you can upgrade my (it's actually mine - the silver one) golf any time to a GTI" and generally browsing I came across this car. Red as well - colour of love, ideal valentines gift!

96 Golf GTI 16v. 78k. In really nice condition overall. Lots of service history and pictures from the long term owner (since 2001). It needs a bloody good detail.

All mk3s go rusty and this one is not bad at all. Body is nice, engine bay is nice. There is a hole in the rear passenger footwell around the rubber grommet. Sills have a bit of crust on the pinchwelds but look servicable for now. Will wire brush, treat and seal for now.

It has been parked up for 18mths and was running but now its not. It is trying to start, i can hear the fuel pump prime. Suspect the coil pack might be on its way out or spark need replacing. All these bits are coming and I hope to brave the cold to properly investigate this weekend.

Here are some pics:

More to follow!