Skip to main content
Topic: AUTODOC experience  (Read 4180 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AUTODOC experience

Reply #15
42% off at the moment, if using the App - ends in about 1 hour 30 mins!

Reply #16
Something they've either started doing, or maybe I just didn't notice before -

Discounts periods seem to mainly commence around 12 midnight (European time if applicable) but from around early evening, as it's drawing to an end they may go up even further.

I took advantage of a 41% off last week. Had been saving up a list of things in my wishlist for just such a time and saved a small fortune.

Like I was advocating above, checked the order periodically incase any substitutions were being made and the discount had gone up to 42%.

Not much on a smaller order, but would've saved a worth while amount on this bigger one.

Noticed it happening again, so not a one off.

Not sure why, maybe their algorithms are picking up not enough orders are being made?

Haven't seen it going the otherway yet and the discount lessening throughout the day - suppose it's a risk you'll have to take by waiting to the last minute.   

Reply #17
My third AutoDoc package has just been delivered.
Looks like I have some brand substitutions, but only on the ARB bushes and drop-links, the important stuff is still all Febi.
Ordered Febi got sent Stark.

Ordered on 23rd July, arrived 2nd August. Not a hideous wait.

Reply #18
I've seen it written that 'Stark' is their own brand - have to stress, I don't know if that is true.

It's not necessarily the cheapest option either even if it were your first choice.

The cynical out there would say they deliberately price it up so when used as a substitute it gives the impression you've received a better item at no extra cost.

I've only ever had one substitution and received a 'Stark' brake splash guard (ordered a pair of some other brand that were cheaper but one was substituted) and have to say it was perfectly good quality.

Infact if I'd seen them both in the flesh before chosing I'd have taken the 'Stark'... just seemed better made and had a heavier / separate fixing plate were as the other was just one piece of thin pressed tin.

Delivery times seem to have tightened up massively this last while, I'm finding stuff from them is taking no longer than any other package.

Reply #19
40% discount at the moment (to 11pm) if using the app.

Had a look at the reviews just now and taking a tumble again in the wrong direction - make your own mind up before ordering

Reply #22
Ok, so my mind is blow.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #23
I've never used them but B&B on ebay is like Amazon Prime. 😀
(edit after reading Tim's comment above)
on a good day!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel