Skip to main content
Topic: Door Card Retaining Clip (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

Door Card Retaining Clip

Afternoon all, I'm hoping someone can help me in sourcing some clips.

I need some replacement rear door card retaining clips for a 3 door which mount to the rear window frames under the seal and retain the top of the door card (see pictures which are hopefully attached somewhere). I can't find any reference to these on the tinterweb anywhere so have no idea what the part number is or if they are still available.

I've enquired with Mat at Mk2 spares and will also enquire with Dubstock, has anyone had to source these in the past or does anyone know of an alternative suitable fixing method?

The Golf is going in for some bodywork next month so I need to source these before the windows go back in after that's been carried out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin due to attachment age]

Re: Door Card Retaining Clip

Reply #1
Is it that you don't have enough, or that you want new ones?

If it's the latter and those are your originals they look to be in very good order, wouldn't take much to tidy them up and they're out of view anyway.

I'm starting in on my own car in earnest at the moment and this is turning out to be a good reference source for me, there's other similar on-line data bases... ironically though the clip you're after is no longer detailed, shame they deleted the part number.

7zap.com

Reply #2
There are 4 per side and I only have 4 in total that are in good order, the others have rusted to an unusable stated therefore in need of some more.

You'll see from the pictures that it seems as though the window seal retains water along the bottom edge which causes the clips to rust and ultimately the bodywork to rust through as well so it's worth trying to have a look under there to see what's going on! 

[attachment deleted by admin due to attachment age]

Reply #3
Not an exact match, but if they manufacture these and others perhaps they've a catalogue to choose from... worth a phone call?

Edge Clips

Reply #4
Defo worth a call!

Cheers for that, much appreciated.