Skip to main content
Topic: Blue/Yellow check cloth (Read 1060 times) previous topic - next topic

Blue/Yellow check cloth

Hi,

Does any one know where I can get some blue/yellow check cloth from? I need both the check pattern part for the centres and the blue/grey for the sides of the front drivers seat. I've been looking on and off for a year now.

I've seen a rear bench for sale but am not sure if the material is long enough to be used on the fronts?

Or failing that if anyone has any blue/yellow check GTI seat parts I'm interested! The rear of my seats have been buthered to fix a broken 3 door seat fold mech so the ideal scenario is 2 replacement seats, perhaps the drivers being worn and me using my passenger to repair.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Blue/Yellow check cloth

Reply #1
Not that I'm any good with a sewing machine...
Would it be possible to use the material from a back seat and hide a joint if required in a seam/row of stitches? If it was done on both front seats it would match and I guess a trimmer could do a decent job...not sure of the cost tho!
I have ultraviolet trim which I prefer because the material seat backs from knackered seats can be used to replace the bolsters which wear out. It was an easy job for me to unpick the material, cut the replacement, and get a seamstress to sew it all together for £10! There isn't any piping to contend with which is a bonus.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #2
That does sound better. I'm trying to keep mine OEM but might have to source a new interior for it if I have no luck. Maybe a mk3 eurospec recraro. But if I start doing that then I'll probably change the engine to a vr5 or a 1.8t (probs vr5 for noise alone).

Reply #3
What's your location

Reply #4
Funny enough my old car that my mate bought has that colour trim in and he is doing a custom set with that material, we had a hell of a job finding the bolster stuff but he had spare seat for centres but while searching for the bolster I did come across some material for the centres and I think it was a Dutch site but for the life of me I can't find it this time, was less than 6 months ago also.

Will keep looking

Reply #7
But far too collect then, in in Dorset.
Think I have some blue/yellow in loft.

Reply #8
But far too collect then, in in Dorset.
Think I have some blue/yellow in loft.

Ahh thanks, it is quite far but will keep it in mind as I might get desparate. Cars being stripped for bodywork and restoration so some time yet but would be really annoying not to have a nice interior once it is done.

Reply #11
Actually, anyone know how many sq m we need for retrimming two front seats?