Skip to main content
Topic: CE1 Wiper stalk (Read 1145 times) previous topic - next topic

CE1 Wiper stalk

Does anyone have a CE1 wiper stalk, one on the car is doing some weird stuff, it's an MFA one needed, think the part number is 191 953 503M

Re: CE1 Wiper stalk

Reply #1
I see some charitible soul on ebay will sell you one for £200.
Have you tried MK2 Spares or Dubstock?
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #2
I have a Scirocco one - not sure how this differs from the mk2 Golf one. Mine is a 331 953 503K . I believe it's the same part but I'll do some more digging.

Reply #3
I see some charitible soul on ebay will sell you one for £200.
Have you tried MK2 Spares or Dubstock?

Yeah I saw that one but actually on investigation it's not the correct one anyway, I think that's early CE1, guessing maybe type 19 there is a difference in the MFA stalk where the part number on the back is the one on our car is open back and you have the MFA wire also the numbers on the MFA button are different, so it seems from ETKA the part number is 191 953 519/191 953 519 01C/191 953 519A, found one on ECS but it's out of stock, you can see the difference between the EBay one https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/switch-with-mfa-no-longer-available/191953519a01c/?fbclid=IwAR2KFPhc1JliQnk_j-b-mE3leurzeH1iqTGNLVFMWHIwJxeHZgAQXWv3vd8.

This is an as late CE1 as you can get Sept 89 on a G plate so right on the turn to CE2 which makes it a pain.

Reply #4
I have a Scirocco one - not sure how this differs from the mk2 Golf one. Mine is a 331 953 503K . I believe it's the same part but I'll do some more digging.

Ah, if it's starts with a 3 it's CE2, but cheers for looking.

Reply #5
It’s 100% not CE2. Def CE1. Did have it fitted to my CE1 Golf but now have the correct CE1 late one fitted!

Reply #6

Reply #7
Ah ha, you are looking for the same one I had to source too. Only fitted to 88 and 89 before it changed to CE2. Slightly chunky stalk and more modern than the earlier.

I sourced mine from Mark Carter at Classic VW in the end. Excellent service and helped where the other two main suppliers couldn’t.

It is a uncommon part though so he may not have another but worth a try!

Here’s mine including the part number.

Reply #8
Ah ha, you are looking for the same one I had to source too. Only fitted to 88 and 89 before it changed to CE2. Slightly chunky stalk and more modern than the earlier.

I sourced mine from Mark Carter at Classic VW in the end. Excellent service and helped where the other two main suppliers couldn’t.

It is a uncommon part though so he may not have another but worth a try!

Here’s mine including the part number.

See now I'm really confused because yours matches this part number https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK2-GTI-CE1-WIPER-MFA-STALK-16v-8v-G60-1987-1989-perfectly-working/224427148741?hash=item3440e685c5%3Ag%3AqA8AAOSwKwNfp9tV&LH_ItemCondition=4 but as you can see the MFA switch is different, yours is the same as the one fitted at the minute with the 0120 switch but the one in the car has no part number and 191 953 519 looks the same as yours also. either way yours or the ECS tuning one look to be correct, it's a real pig this late CE1 stuff some of the things you can't find as they only ran for as you say around 12 months.