Skip to main content
Topic: Tsr 1.9 8v engine  (Read 588 times) previous topic - next topic

Tsr 1.9 8v engine

Does anyone know anything about these engines I’m in the process of getting a used one it’s a 1.9 8v with the c pack head and 202 cam
What sort of performance?
Is the 1.9 a 1.8 bored out?

Re: Tsr 1.9 8v engine

Reply #1
Itll be slight over bore on the 1800 block with some form of pistons depending when the engine was built.

Mild head work and mildish cam.

Performance wise completely depends on the rest of the car, is it older K-jetronic or newer electronic injection? But at a guess set up right in the region of 130-140bhp

I'd advise a full strip to see its state and what pistons have been used.

What did it come out of?

Reply #2
Itll be slight over bore on the 1800 block with some form of pistons depending when the engine was built.

Mild head work and mildish cam.

Performance wise completely depends on the rest of the car, is it older K-jetronic or newer electronic injection? But at a guess set up right in the region of 130-140bhp

I'd advise a full strip to see its state and what pistons have been used.

What did it come out of?
Hello it’s going in an older k-jet mk2 it came out of another mk2

Reply #3
Yes I’ll definitely strip and check the engine how would i know what pistons ect are fitted if i need parts?

Reply #4
Once its apart the pistons should have a part number on them to sorce new pistons rings etc

There is a very limited choice when it comes to piston choices when overboreing blocks especially back then when CNC machines weren't in every machine shop.