Skip to main content
Topic: Our Forum...  (Read 2127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Our Forum...

Reply #15
Would adding the ability to let users attach images directly be costly?

On this idea, I use another way which make it easy to post pictures, not sure if you guys are PC/laptop users but I mainly use PC, can't stand phones, there is an app called Discord, while this is usually for gamers and it works well you can also create your own Discord channel and copy as many pictures to it as you want, you then just copy the links, it's always free and they will never vanish, (I'm looking at you photophucket).

That's how I did the build thread in order, check it out, I would also suggest it would be a great place to have a VWgolfmk2 channel as it's a chat and voice client so can have channels for all the stuff on the forum on one Discord https://discord.com/

I have no problem setting one up for the club if you would like to test it out, I have one for my sim racing club I run and we have 2500 members.

Discord - and it’s easy to copy a pic link and it works on the forum?
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #16
I've no in-depth access to the traffic stats. other than the very basic ones given via the link at the bottom of the homepage.

Are we getting a reasonable number of visits, it's just that few of them are contributing?

Visitors are going to have a whole range of reasons for visiting, if we can make it easier for them regardless of what that is to get involved - such as being able to easily add an image -  may help encourage contributions?

I realise there may be cost or technical reasons but may be worth weighing it up - we've all seen the posts asking how to, I think nowadays there's an assumption the facility exists on a forum. Plus we're all a shallow lot and the least work involved getting our MK2 fix the better.

Small steps first and this one's a well worn path, but even so, what about featuring a members car each month for example?

Just ideas.

Let’s see if we can start Mk2 of the month again, this was a thing, members emailed pics and write up in - then I suppose could use social media to share

Reply #17
I look most days,
The speech bubble icons in menu show new/updated posts don't they?

Yes

Reply #18
Would adding the ability to let users attach images directly be costly?

On this idea, I use another way which make it easy to post pictures, not sure if you guys are PC/laptop users but I mainly use PC, can't stand phones, there is an app called Discord, while this is usually for gamers and it works well you can also create your own Discord channel and copy as many pictures to it as you want, you then just copy the links, it's always free and they will never vanish, (I'm looking at you photophucket).

That's how I did the build thread in order, check it out, I would also suggest it would be a great place to have a VWgolfmk2 channel as it's a chat and voice client so can have channels for all the stuff on the forum on one Discord https://discord.com/

I have no problem setting one up for the club if you would like to test it out, I have one for my sim racing club I run and we have 2500 members.

Discord - and it’s easy to copy a pic link and it works on the forum?

Yes a doddle, I threw a quick one together, you can test it out https://discord.gg/7NSZndk5T9

Reply #19
Testing...

Reply #22
Ok failing! To get the picture to here 1 what should I click?

Reply #23

just post pic to Discord and then right click on it and copy link, not message link

Reply #26
Ffs!!! Lol not going well

Reply #27

Reply #28
The link is correct but you need to click image icon on forum and paste it in as an image so it has the [img] brackets either side, same as any other link

Reply #29
Would it be worth creating a 'How to add images' section on the forum index... something new users will see immediately / can use to link directly to the MK2OC server on 'Discord' and register?

Keeping it simple'll encourage use maybe?