Skip to main content
Topic: Our Forum...  (Read 2129 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Our Forum...

Reply #30

Reply #31
Would adding the ability to let users attach images directly be costly?

On this idea, I use another way which make it easy to post pictures, not sure if you guys are PC/laptop users but I mainly use PC, can't stand phones, there is an app called Discord, while this is usually for gamers and it works well you can also create your own Discord channel and copy as many pictures to it as you want, you then just copy the links, it's always free and they will never vanish, (I'm looking at you photophucket).

That's how I did the build thread in order, check it out, I would also suggest it would be a great place to have a VWgolfmk2 channel as it's a chat and voice client so can have channels for all the stuff on the forum on one Discord https://discord.com/

I have no problem setting one up for the club if you would like to test it out, I have one for my sim racing club I run and we have 2500 members.

Discord - and it’s easy to copy a pic link and it works on the forum?

Yes a doddle, I threw a quick one together, you can test it out https://discord.gg/7NSZndk5T9
That works

Reply #32
The 'Discord' image hosting seems to be compatible with the forum - would a highlighted / dedicated sticky bring it to members attention better?

The more involvement there is, from more members the better - outside of a regular few there's still not much input and let's face it pictures grab / hold attention more.

The 'Car of the Month' was only an idea - I realise it's not a very original one, but maybe worth a try and it can be dropped later if it's a non-runner?

Any more ideas?

Reply #33
Would it be possible to give an approximate area that members live in. This could help if you needed some help and you knew who lives nearby.
scs 

Reply #34
I'm maybe thinking of another forum but did not the old one here not plot members locations on a world map?

Anyhow - don't see why not, as long as people are willing to share generalised info. a dedicated thread like that would maybe encourage some people to post.

Reply #35
There was a Google maps list

Reply #36

Still exists by the looks of it

Reply #37
So I'm not doting after all... 2015, where's that been all these years?