Skip to main content
Topic: Rear engine mount bracket (not mount itself)... (Read 326 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear engine mount bracket (not mount itself)...

My engine sub-frame was quite badly corroded, particularily at the drivers side (along with the suspension components).

When it was all taken out the rear engine mount bracket was shot, even had to cut and drill out the bolt that retains the mount itself.

Anyhow, looked for a replacement thinking they're likely being remanufactured in the same way as the front mounting bracket is, but seems not... sods law it's at this point someone posts a link to a new Febi or Meyle one for a tenner !

There's a single used, powder coated one on eBay at the moment, complete with fitted mount (used too?) but it looks like they've coated the whole thing. Not sure that'd work for me as I want to change the mount and surely they'd now be hard to part? 

Someone was making better quality (and expensive) re-pro brackets in the US, but now no longer available anyway.

If you're in the market for one found this Hong Kong seller, states it's genuine VW - worked out around £43.00 inc. postage.

Yet to arrive, don't commit just yet and I'll keep you posted but worth bookmarking to save you the time I spent trying to find one.

It's on eBay.com and doesn't immediately show up on standard co.uk / other searches - here's a direct link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133702969754

Re: Rear engine mount bracket (not mount itself)...

Reply #1
Arrived in less than 2 x weeks... I've things bought on the co.uk site before it that've yet to appear!

Like I said my original wasn't in the best of shapes, though I've since discovered the miracle that is phosphoric acid and it's since come back from the dead.

From what I can tell it's a genuine part, if it's not it's at least the equal in terms of quality / manufacture and fits perfectly.