Skip to main content
Topic: WANTED: Mk2 golf gti - 5 door - BBS alloys  (Read 577 times) previous topic - next topic

WANTED: Mk2 golf gti - 5 door - BBS alloys

Hi Everyone

First time poster and new member to the MK2 golf owners club forum - My name is Liam and I am a VW enthusiast.

I am looking for the following:

MK2 golf gti
5 door
Mileage between 100-150k ish (dependent on condition)
Nearly full history is obviously preffered
I'd really like it to run sweet too with no start up issues
MOT would be handy
preferably a decent standard of body work and paint work (no rust)
BBS alloys preffered
My budget ranges from 4k to upwards of 8k.

Really sorry if I am being vague but I am struggling to find good examples of this type of car online. If anyone knows of any could you let me know.

Re: WANTED: Mk2 golf gti - 5 door - BBS alloys

Reply #1
Hi Liam,

If you are still looking for a Mk2, I have a red Mk2 that I will be putting up for sale soon. It doesn't have BBS wheels, but mine are the "Pearl drop" ones and I have had reconditioned 3 years ago. It has been parked in my garage since Feb 2020 since I no longer drive it. I put in a new Bosch battery this week, and it has been extremely reliable since I've had it. It's not in perfect condition but fair and runs really well. I had the driver's seat re-upholstered too.
I can send you pictures and receipts of parts/work done via email if you are interested.
It's having it's MOT done and although it failed today on a split CV boot, I will have it replaced next week.
I will then have the car back with a passed MOT sometime next week.

I can give you more information via email if interested.

Thanks,
Jan

Re: WANTED: Mk2 golf gti - 5 door - BBS alloys

Reply #2
Hi Liam

Are you still looking? if so drop me a text 07887714470 Phil