Skip to main content ↑ ↓

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all Show Posts made by this member. Note that you can only see Show Posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - scs

1
Bodywork & Paintwork / Re: Paint work
Hi, a garage local to me in East Devon. What also you have to think about is humidity if the air is not dry you get a effect called micro blister which causes the paint to bubble after time as moisture is trapped under the new paint.
2
Bodywork & Paintwork / Re: Paint work
I know friends that painted there cars they never turned out well. The equipment they had was just not good enough. It also needs a lot of skill. I recently paid £1300 to have half the side of my car painted I am well pleased with the result.
4
Heating & Cooling / Re: Temp Gauge
you can check if the thermostat is opening by feeling the radiator hoses. If the bottom hose is not hot the thermostat is not opening.
15
Engine & Gearbox / Re: 1990 1.6 Driver Petrol Gearbox Replacement/Repair
Hi, if you need the car fixed quickly then let the mechanic fix it otherwise as you are going to have to repair in the long run don't bother. Personally I would have my own gearbox repaired as you end up with a known quantity you don't know what you are getting with a second hand item.