Skip to main content
Topic: ARB rubbers (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

ARB rubbers

My bodywork is finished… I’ll update thread soon.

So now I’m onto the mechanical fixes ready to re-MOT.

Some of the bushes were advisories so decided to just do the lot regardless.

But I’m stuck at the Anti roll bar rear mounts.

I gather they can be done with the subframe still in situ??

The wishbones are out already so there’s no rear subframe bolts in place but there’s not enough movement to lower the back.

Do I really have to undo the other 2 big subframe bolts?

What’s anyone’s tips for this?

How much thread is on the bolts? Can I just slacken it off or do they come all the way out?

Just a bit worried having it all on a central trolley jack. Will it just drop?

Also got a stuck Track rod end. And not sure yet if I’m willing to take on the rear beam bushes.

Re: ARB rubbers

Reply #1
I think you are talking the front roll bar? in which case you can replace them without undoing the sub frame bolts. I did mine by just adding a bit of lubrication on the rubbers and slid them in after undoing the 2 small bolts .The thread on the subframe bolts is quite long. The subframe will not drop very far if you do remove the bolts.
scs

Re: ARB rubbers

Reply #2
I'm new to all this and learning myself - I've taken all the parts completely off that you're referring to so not exactly the situation your in.

I found the clamps 191 411 334  (No. 16 on the schematic) were rusted on solid to the subframe even the bolts were off and had to be forced away.

There's also a little tab from recollection, that locates them correctly and partly holds them in place.

They're available new (I got them from Autodoc), so wouldn't worry about wrecking them if stuck.

Like scs says, the rubbers should then be able to be wiggled off / on the roll bar.

(I mistakenly replied about the mount bolts in your other post)