Skip to main content
Topic: K jet pipe clips (Read 562 times) previous topic - next topic

K jet pipe clips

I need the black plastic clips for the injection pipes and various brake pipe and plastic hose clips please. Phil

Re: K jet pipe clips

Reply #2
Thanks Kenneth, its however the ones on the actual injector pipes from the metering head to the injectors i cant find. Phil

Reply #3
Not OEM, but I went to a scrap yard and removed the HT (and various other small pipe and hose) clips from various models. Was able to get a large selected of 4, 3, and 2 lead clips in various styles and layouts. Even some with 5 and 4 above 1 below etc

Had a look though my old pics, not got that many of the bay as it's a bit scruffy but found these from when I trial fitted the HEL lines.

Side note as you can see the HEL lines aren'r great, too long. Which is a shame as I've championed HEL brake lines for years.

I was helping VW Heritage work with Goodridge to develop these:

A few more clips shots:

Reply #4
'I was helping VW Heritage work with Goodridge to develop these'

That's a bit of a revelation - do tell!

Reply #5
'I was helping VW Heritage work with Goodridge to develop these'

That's a bit of a revelation - do tell!

Back when the forum was a lot more active.... there were a few users from the team at VW heritage that also frequented the forum. Anna in particular who, who had/has her own mk2 VR6, who works in their new product development section was often on here trying to gauge what things we needed as enthusiasts, what things were NLA and what could be re-manufactured.

One day she asked if anyone was willing to send a complete set k-jet injector lines in that she could send to Goodridge so they had a template to go from. I volunteered and in with the deal they sent me a set of HEL replacement lines (can't remember I think I might have had to buy them, but at a reduced cost). I fitted the HEL and sent off my originals, and when they had the Goodridge ready they sent me the prototype for me to fit.

There were a few issues in the first instance, some bad angles etc, so I gave my feedback, they made some corrections and sent back replacement which I fitted and gave a thumbs up. I got to keep both sets but never saw the OEM ones again.

I still have the odd lines here, the ones that were rejected form the first pass.

The HEL ones were all straight fitments which meant the lines were longer in places to complete a loop, whereas the Goodridge ones had elbows to give a better fit, still not as exact as the OE bends but a decent option and since my originals were pretty rusted on the shrouds it worked out well.

Anna also sent me sample of the headlining material when they were making that, I commented it was slightly lighter than original but I don't think they revised it.

And when they were making the rainbow seat material I tried convincing her the early GTI red and grey stripe cloth would be the ones they should do next. There were a number of others that had my back on that, but I think the production cost and minimum first run for material makes it a very big gamble on there part if it turns out to be not such a big seller.

A few other people helped out with other bits and bobs too I remember.

Reply #6
I have occassionally used them over the years, more for larger items as I have to factor in postage and they don't differentiate NI from the rest of the UK, making them competitive.

Their stock lines seem to have expanded quite a bit this last while and they're now carrying smaller items that are either noticibly cheaper than elsewhere or available exclusively through them.

I'd recommend checking with them if you're looking for something... don't assume they'll be dearest and todate I can't fault the service, it's been consistently good.

May have been on a receipt or on their site, can't find it again but in addition to the Shoreham address there's also a German one.

Might be a post-Brexit trading thing, or maybe they've opened up access to more lines, don't know?

Reply #7
Thanks all, i'm trying to avoid the 'death by cable tie' look