Skip to main content
Topic: Hello there.. one in ten million? (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hello there.. one in ten million?

Reply #15
That one is a video. Looks promising, do you have the build specification? Usually inside the boot. White sticker with loads of codes on it.
couldn't get in the car today but getting the key back from mechanic tomorrow will have a look for that sticker

Reply #16
Well being an E reg yes it should be small bumper and if it is originally Oak Green then it is a one in ten as they didn't do Oak Green in small bumper only in one in ten, it looks like it has G60 arches at front?

Reply #17
yeah it's got the g60 arches on it. I'm gathering up the bits to put it back to small bumper.. and yes it's original oak green.  So you think definitely a one in 10 million edition?

Reply #18
yeah it's got the g60 arches on it. I'm gathering up the bits to put it back to small bumper.. and yes it's original oak green.  So you think definitely a one in 10 million edition?

To my knowledge I am sure they only did small bumper Oak Green in the one in ten million along with Helios Blue and Schwartz Black but I 'think' they also did F reg 16v small bumpers available later in Oak Green option which are not so I'd say as it's an original E reg in Oak green it's 99% a one in ten million.

Reply #19
Helios blue and oak green were first introduced with the 1 in 10 million edition but after that they did continue as standard GTI colours. The interior, if still original will tell us for certain but looks highly likely.

The plastic trim/boot handle should be plain unpainted plastic. They weren’t body colour till big bumper.

Reply #20
Helios blue and oak green were first introduced with the 1 in 10 million edition but after that they did continue as standard GTI colours. The interior, if still original will tell us for certain but looks highly likely.

The plastic trim/boot handle should be plain unpainted plastic. They weren’t body colour till big bumper.

Yeah agreed on Helios as mine was 89 non campaign, but on E reg I'd say it is a 1 in 10 as it would be 87/88 if it was F reg then it could be either I think, although they didn't continue Helios onto big bumper!

Reply #21
I'm sure Monkey on here will find a home on Red Rescue for your door side trims.  :D

If you have genuine G60 front arches then I suspect you could ask a premium for them. Not sure why they are sought after tbh, but it could work in your favour.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel